Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

The Open Group Exam OGEA-101 Topic 1 Question 17 Discussion

Actual exam question for The Open Group's OGEA-101 exam
Question #: 17
Topic #: 1
[All OGEA-101 Questions]

What is present in all phases within the ADM and should be identified, classified and mitigated before starting a transformation effort?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

According to the TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, risk is present in all phases within the Architecture Development Method (ADM), and it should be identified, classified, and mitigated before starting a transformation effort 1. Risk is defined as ''the effect of uncertainty on objectives'' 2, and it can have positive or negative impacts on the architecture project. Risk management is a technique that helps to assess and address the potential risks that may affect the achievement of the architecture objectives, and to balance the trade-offs between opportunities and threats. Risk management is applied throughout the ADM cycle, from the Preliminary Phase to the Requirements Management Phase, and it is integrated with other techniques, such as stakeholder management, business transformation readiness assessment, gap analysis, and migration planning 1. The other options are not correct, as they are not present in all phases within the ADM, and they are not necessarily identified, classified, and mitigated before starting a transformation effort. Budgetary constraints are the limitations on the financial resources available for the architecture project, and they are usually considered in Phase E: Opportunities and Solutions, and Phase F: Migration Planning 3. Schedule constraints are the limitations on the time available for the architecture project, and they are also usually considered in Phase E and F 3. Information gaps are the missing or incomplete data or knowledge that may affect the architecture project, and they are usually identified in Phase B: Business Architecture, Phase C: Information Systems Architecture, and Phase D: Technology Architecture . Reference: 1: TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, Part III: ADM Guidelines and Techniques, Chapter 32: Risk Management. 2: TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, Part I: Introduction, Chapter 3: Definitions. 3: TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, Part II: Architecture Development Method, Chapter 16: Phase E: Opportunities and Solutions, and Chapter 17: Phase F: Migration Planning. : TOGAF Standard, 10th Edition, Part II: Architecture Development Method, Chapter 13: Phase B: Business Architecture, Chapter 14: Phase C: Information Systems Architecture, and Chapter 15: Phase D: Technology Architecture.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Vi
11 days ago
Risk? I thought the question said 'What's the secret to a successful transformation?' My bad, must have misread that one.
upvoted 0 times
Ardella
12 days ago
Budgetary constraints? What is this, amateur hour? Real transformers don't let a little thing like money hold them back!
upvoted 0 times
Renea
15 days ago
Schedule constraints? Psh, I can transform anything in no time flat. Just give me a deadline and watch me work my magic!
upvoted 0 times
Nilsa
18 days ago
Information gaps? That's a good one. How can you transform anything if you don't even know what you're working with? Gotta fill those gaps first.
upvoted 0 times
Florinda
23 hours ago
User 3: It's crucial to have all the necessary information before starting any transformation effort.
upvoted 0 times
Esteban
2 days ago
User 2: Definitely, we need to identify and fill those gaps before moving forward.
upvoted 0 times
Sharen
10 days ago
User 1: Yeah, information gaps can really slow down a transformation.
upvoted 0 times
Lazaro
1 months ago
Risk, for sure! The last thing we want is a transformation effort that's a total train wreck. Better identify and mitigate those risks upfront.
upvoted 0 times
Lili
23 days ago
A) Risk
upvoted 0 times
Miesha
1 months ago
I think both B) Risk and D) Information gaps are important, but ultimately, managing risks should be the top priority.
upvoted 0 times
Lashawn
2 months ago
I believe it could also be D) Information gaps, as having incomplete information can lead to failure in the transformation process.
upvoted 0 times
Bonita
2 months ago
I agree with Alex, identifying and mitigating risks is crucial in any transformation effort.
upvoted 0 times
Alex
2 months ago
I think the answer is B) Risk.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel