Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SCP Exam SC0-451 Topic 5 Question 98 Discussion

Actual exam question for SCP's SC0-451 exam
Question #: 98
Topic #: 5
[All SC0-451 Questions]

You are configuring the new Intrusion Detection System at your office. Your CEO asks you what the IDS will do for the organization. You tell the CEO about the three main components of Network Security and explain how an IDS can be used to meet two of those components. What are the two major components of network security that an IDS can meet?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, E

Contribute your Thoughts:

Ammie
5 days ago
Hmm, I'm going with detection and interpretation. The IDS needs to be able to not just identify issues, but also understand what they mean and how to address them. Otherwise, it's just a fancy alarm system.
upvoted 0 times
Leonor
6 days ago
Response is also important for taking action against detected threats.
upvoted 0 times
Nieves
6 days ago
This is a no-brainer! The IDS is all about detection and response. I mean, what's the point of finding a problem if you can't do anything about it, right? Good thing the CEO is asking the right questions.
upvoted 0 times
Eveline
11 days ago
I think Detection is crucial for identifying potential threats.
upvoted 0 times
Casie
11 days ago
I'd say detection and prevention are the two main areas an IDS can cover. You need to be able to detect threats, but also have measures in place to prevent them from causing damage.
upvoted 0 times
Dante
12 days ago
An IDS can meet the components of Detection and Response.
upvoted 0 times
Glenna
14 days ago
Ooh, I'm thinking detection and analysis. The IDS can analyze network traffic and identify any suspicious activity, which is super important for keeping our systems secure.
upvoted 0 times
Cristy
18 days ago
The IDS can definitely help with detection and response, which are two critical components of network security. It'll be able to identify potential threats and help us take appropriate action.
upvoted 0 times
Zona
10 days ago
C) Detection
upvoted 0 times
Jesusita
14 days ago
A) Prevention
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel