Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SCP Exam SC0-451 Topic 5 Question 101 Discussion

Actual exam question for SCP's SC0-451 exam
Question #: 101
Topic #: 5
[All SC0-451 Questions]

You are configuring your Snort rules and you wish to tell Snort to log and send notice when a type of packet is received, what rule action syntax will you use?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Willard
1 days ago
Wait, is Snort like a security system or a dinosaur? I'm just imagining a bunch of T-Rexes sniffing out network traffic. That's a mental image I didn't need.
upvoted 0 times
Matthew
3 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think 'Log' could also be used to achieve the same result.
upvoted 0 times
Rory
3 days ago
Hey, I heard Snort was a great way to catch a cold. Guess I'll have to try the 'Achoo!' rule action syntax instead.
upvoted 0 times
Loren
5 days ago
I agree with Huey, using 'Alert' will log and send notice when a type of packet is received.
upvoted 0 times
Huey
6 days ago
I think the correct rule action syntax to use is A) Alert.
upvoted 0 times
Dawne
7 days ago
Aha! A) Alert is the way to go. I can already see the packets being logged and the notices being sent. Easy peasy!
upvoted 0 times
Elli
10 days ago
Hmm, B) Log seems like a good option, but I'm not entirely convinced. I'll have to double-check the Snort documentation.
upvoted 0 times
Huey
16 days ago
E) Dynamic? Really? That's not even close to what we're looking for. I'm sticking with A) Alert.
upvoted 0 times
Lasandra
18 days ago
D) Activate looks promising, but I'm not sure if that's the correct syntax for what we're trying to achieve here.
upvoted 0 times
Geraldo
3 hours ago
A) Alert is the correct syntax for telling Snort to log and send notice when a type of packet is received.
upvoted 0 times
Bulah
20 days ago
I think the answer is A) Alert. That's the rule action syntax to log and send a notice when a specific type of packet is received.
upvoted 0 times
Layla
1 hours ago
Yes, A) Alert is what you would use to log and send a notice for a specific packet.
upvoted 0 times
Janna
3 days ago
I agree, A) Alert is the correct rule action syntax for that.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel