Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SCP Exam SC0-451 Topic 3 Question 99 Discussion

Actual exam question for SCP's SC0-451 exam
Question #: 99
Topic #: 3
[All SC0-451 Questions]

Your network is a mixed environment of Windows, Linux, and UNIX, computers. The routers are primarily Cisco and the network uses a T-1 to connect to the Internet. You are experimenting with setting up a mail server in a production environment for internal use only. You do not want this mail server to receive any requests from anywhere but the internal network. Therefore you have decided to block incoming SMTP traffic at the Firewall. Which port will you block at the Firewall?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Karrie
1 days ago
I'm going with B) 25. Can't go wrong with the classic SMTP port. Unless you want to start a fire in the server room, then you should choose a different port.
upvoted 0 times
Charlene
12 days ago
I was just about to say B) 25. It's the most obvious choice here. Blocking that port is the way to go to keep your mail server secure.
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
16 days ago
Definitely B) 25. Blocking that port will prevent any external SMTP requests from reaching your internal mail server. Easy peasy!
upvoted 0 times
Celestina
18 days ago
I'm not sure about this. Shouldn't we block port 110 instead? That's for POP3 traffic, right?
upvoted 0 times
Billy
19 days ago
The correct answer is B) 25. SMTP, the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, uses port 25 for incoming mail traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Dianne
3 hours ago
C) 53
upvoted 0 times
Anglea
4 days ago
B) 25
upvoted 0 times
Whitney
10 days ago
A) 23
upvoted 0 times
Daniela
21 days ago
I agree with Madelyn. Port 25 is used for SMTP traffic, so blocking it will prevent external requests to the mail server.
upvoted 0 times
Madelyn
23 days ago
I think we should block port 25 at the Firewall.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel