Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SCP Exam SC0-451 Topic 3 Question 92 Discussion

Actual exam question for SCP's SC0-451 exam
Question #: 92
Topic #: 3
[All SC0-451 Questions]

You are configuring your new IDS machine, and are creating new rules. You enter the following rule: Alert tcp any any -> 10.0.10.0/24 any (msg: "NULL scan detected"; flags: 0;) What is the effect of this rule?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Pa
2 months ago
I think it's a logging rule to capture NULL scans, not necessarily alerting about them.
upvoted 0 times
Carmelina
3 months ago
I believe it's an alert rule to notify of NULL scans in either direction, not just from one network.
upvoted 0 times
Johanna
3 months ago
Alright, let's see... I'm gonna go with B. It's a logging rule, simple as that. No need to overcomplicate things.
upvoted 0 times
Gwen
3 months ago
Woah, hold up, are we setting up an IDS to catch the network's own NULL scans? That's some next-level security there, my dude.
upvoted 0 times
Erin
26 days ago
C) Yeah, it's a specific alert rule to catch those types of scans. Pretty cool, right?
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
1 months ago
B) Oh, I see. So it's specifically targeting NULL scans from that network.
upvoted 0 times
Rebbeca
1 months ago
A) This is a logging rule, designed to capture NULL scans originating from the 10.0.10.0/24 network.
upvoted 0 times
Tonette
1 months ago
C) Yeah, it's set up to alert us about any NULL scans happening in that network. Pretty cool, right?
upvoted 0 times
Elke
1 months ago
B) Oh, so it's specifically targeting NULL scans from that network. Smart move.
upvoted 0 times
Precious
1 months ago
A) This is a logging rule, designed to capture NULL scans originating from the 10.0.10.0/24 network.
upvoted 0 times
Giovanna
3 months ago
I agree with Frank, it seems like a specific logging rule targeting NULL scans from a specific network.
upvoted 0 times
Elfriede
3 months ago
Haha, NULL scans? What is this, the 90s? I'm going with D, it's an alert rule for one-way NULL scans.
upvoted 0 times
Elmira
2 months ago
User2: Yeah, I agree. It's probably to notify you of NULL scans in one direction.
upvoted 0 times
Brittani
2 months ago
User1: I think it's an alert rule for NULL scans in one direction.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
3 months ago
I think the correct answer is C. The rule is designed to alert you of NULL scans in either direction, not just log them.
upvoted 0 times
Darci
2 months ago
I agree with you, it must be C.
upvoted 0 times
Taryn
3 months ago
I'm pretty sure it's A.
upvoted 0 times
Tawna
3 months ago
I believe it is actually D.
upvoted 0 times
Audra
3 months ago
I think the correct answer is C.
upvoted 0 times
Frank
3 months ago
I think the effect of this rule is to capture NULL scans originating from the 10.0.10.0/24 network.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel