Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAS Exam A00-280 Topic 1 Question 61 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAS's A00-280 exam
Question #: 61
Topic #: 1
[All A00-280 Questions]

Given the following SAS program:

Which statement correctly identifies invalid values in the variable TRT, if only the values 'A', B', 'C are valid?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Merlyn
2 months ago
Option A all the way! It's the only one that specifically checks for characters outside of the valid set. And hey, who needs 'index' when you've got 'indexc'? It's like the SAS version of a Swiss Army knife.
upvoted 0 times
Rodolfo
2 months ago
D is an interesting choice, but 'indexw' sounds like it might be checking for word boundaries, which isn't really what we need here. I'd stick with the more straightforward options.
upvoted 0 times
Tayna
2 months ago
Option C is a bit of a wild card. 'find' is not a function I'm familiar with in SAS, so I'm not sure if that's the right approach.
upvoted 0 times
Stephane
1 months ago
Option C is a bit of a wild card. 'find' is not a function I'm familiar with in SAS, so I'm not sure if that's the right approach.
upvoted 0 times
Kristel
1 months ago
D) if indexw(TRT, 'ABC') eq 0 then output;
upvoted 0 times
Sheridan
1 months ago
C) if find(TRT, 'ABC') eq 0 then output;
upvoted 0 times
Lashawn
2 months ago
B) if index(TRT, 'ABC') eq 0 then output;
upvoted 0 times
Mirta
2 months ago
A) if indexc(TRT, 'ABC') eq 0 then output;
upvoted 0 times
Fannie
2 months ago
I'm going with Option B. 'index' is a classic way to check for invalid values, and it's easy to understand.
upvoted 0 times
Herminia
1 months ago
User4: Yeah, 'index' is a good choice for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
1 months ago
User3: Option B seems like the most straightforward option.
upvoted 0 times
Dion
2 months ago
User2: I agree, 'index' is a common way to check for values.
upvoted 0 times
Deja
2 months ago
User1: I think Option B is the best choice.
upvoted 0 times
Ivette
3 months ago
Option A seems legit, but I'm not sure why we need to use 'indexc' instead of 'index'. Wouldn't that work too?
upvoted 0 times
Margart
3 months ago
Haha, I bet the person who wrote this question was having a field day coming up with these SAS functions. Time to break out the SAS manual!
upvoted 0 times
Nana
3 months ago
I think option D is definitely incorrect, as indexw() function is used for word searches, not character searches.
upvoted 0 times
Lashandra
3 months ago
I'm going with D. The INDEXW function checks if the variable contains the specified word, which seems like the best fit for this problem.
upvoted 0 times
Fabiola
3 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think option A could also be correct because indexc() function is used to search for characters in a string.
upvoted 0 times
Barney
3 months ago
Option B looks good too, but the INDEX function only checks for the presence of a substring, not the entire string. A more appropriate choice would be A.
upvoted 0 times
Denae
3 months ago
Yes, option B only checks for the presence of a substring, so it may not be the best choice in this case.
upvoted 0 times
Denae
3 months ago
I agree, option A is the correct choice because it checks for the entire string 'ABC'.
upvoted 0 times
Carma
3 months ago
I agree with Tawna, because index() function is used to search for a substring in a string.
upvoted 0 times
Blondell
3 months ago
I think option A is the correct answer. The INDEXC function checks if the variable contains any characters that are not in the specified string, which is exactly what we need here.
upvoted 0 times
Kanisha
2 months ago
Yes, INDEXC function is specifically designed to handle this type of situation.
upvoted 0 times
Lenora
2 months ago
INDEXC function is the way to go to identify invalid values in the variable TRT.
upvoted 0 times
Juliana
2 months ago
I agree, INDEXC is the right choice for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Mattie
3 months ago
Option A is correct. INDEXC function is used to check for characters not in the specified string.
upvoted 0 times
Tawna
3 months ago
I think the correct answer is B.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel