Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAS Exam A00-260 Topic 9 Question 74 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAS's A00-260 exam
Question #: 74
Topic #: 9
[All A00-260 Questions]

In SAS Data Integration Studio, surrogate and retained key values are:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Elden
16 days ago
Wait, is this a trick question? I thought the SCD Type 2 Loader was for managing changes in dimension tables, not generating the keys themselves. Hmm, let me think about this again.
upvoted 0 times
Hailey
19 days ago
I'm pretty sure it's not B or D, since the key values are generated, not copied. I think A is a bit too broad, so I'm going with C.
upvoted 0 times
Burma
3 days ago
I'm leaning towards C as well. It seems like the most logical option for how surrogate and retained key values are generated.
upvoted 0 times
Julieta
6 days ago
Yeah, I think you're right. It wouldn't make sense for the key values to be copied from dimension tables into source tables.
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
13 days ago
I agree, I think C makes sense because the SCD Type 2 Loader transformation generates the key values.
upvoted 0 times
Miss
21 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think it might be C) generated by the SCD Type 2 Loader transformation, as it deals with slowly changing dimensions.
upvoted 0 times
Dahlia
23 days ago
I agree with Adolph, because surrogate and retained key values are usually created during lookup operations.
upvoted 0 times
Justine
26 days ago
Option C is the correct answer. The SCD Type 2 Loader transformation generates the surrogate and retained key values in the dimension tables.
upvoted 0 times
Pearly
8 days ago
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying!
upvoted 0 times
Carissa
20 days ago
C) generated by the SCD Type 2 Loader transformation
upvoted 0 times
Vincent
26 days ago
I agree with Justine. The SCD Type 2 Loader is responsible for handling the slowly changing dimensions, including the surrogate and retained keys.
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
26 days ago
I think the answer is A) generated by the Lookup transformation.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel