Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAS Exam A00-240 Topic 7 Question 100 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAS's A00-240 exam
Question #: 100
Topic #: 7
[All A00-240 Questions]

PROC GLMSELECT was used for building a model predicting the natural log of a baseball player's salary from certain performance and longevity statistics. The model used backward elimination using SBC as its selection criterion. The sequence of steps is summarized in the graphic shown below:

At Step 9 number of at bats (nAtBat) was removed from the model.

Why was it removed?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Nu
10 days ago
Haha, I bet the person who wrote this question is a total baseball nerd. Anyway, the answer is C - removing nAtBat gave the biggest boost to the SBC, which is what the model cares about. Easy peasy.
upvoted 0 times
Twila
10 days ago
I think the p-Value for nAtBat was the largest, that's why it was removed.
upvoted 0 times
Roselle
11 days ago
I'm going to go with C. Removing nAtBat must have yielded the largest improvement to the SBC, otherwise it wouldn't have been the step chosen by the backward elimination process. This is a straightforward question if you understand the concept of model selection criteria.
upvoted 0 times
Gladys
4 hours ago
B) The p-Value for nAtBat was largest.
upvoted 0 times
Margurite
1 days ago
A) Removing nAtBat had the largest effect on the parameter estimate of nHits.
upvoted 0 times
Celia
14 days ago
I disagree, I believe nAtBat was removed because it yielded the largest improvement to SBC.
upvoted 0 times
Ines
20 days ago
I think nAtBat was removed because it had the largest effect on the parameter estimate of nHits.
upvoted 0 times
Thersa
22 days ago
Hmm, the p-value for nAtBat was the largest? That doesn't seem right. The question clearly says the model used backward elimination, so the answer has to be the one that maximizes the improvement to the selection criterion, which is SBC. C is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Daniel
24 days ago
Well, the question states that the backward elimination was based on the SBC criterion, so the answer must be C. Removing nAtBat resulted in the largest improvement to the SBC, which is the selection criterion used. Simple logic, really.
upvoted 0 times
Oretha
1 hours ago
It's all about optimizing the model based on the selection criterion chosen.
upvoted 0 times
Larue
6 days ago
So, the focus was on improving the SBC, not just looking at individual p-Values.
upvoted 0 times
Rodrigo
12 days ago
Exactly, it makes sense to remove nAtBat if it improves the SBC the most.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel