Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAP Exam C_S4CFI_2402 Topic 6 Question 16 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAP's C_S4CFI_2402 exam
Question #: 16
Topic #: 6
[All C_S4CFI_2402 Questions]

You post and match an incoming payment to the incorrect customer account. How can you correct the mistake?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

If an incoming payment has been posted and matched to the incorrect customer account in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, the appropriate action to correct the mistake is to reset the clearing and reverse the document. This process removes the clearing status of the payment, allowing the payment document to be reversed and corrected. This ensures that the payment is accurately reflected in the correct customer account and maintains the integrity of the financial records.

References:

SAP S/4HANA Cloud Accounts Receivable documentation

SAP Financial Accounting user guides on handling payment errors

Contribute your Thoughts:

Tijuana
11 days ago
Hmm, this one's a tougher call. I think I'd go with A, but I'd make sure to double-check everything before hitting that reset button. Don't want any accidental time travel, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Jaclyn
12 days ago
D) Contact the customer through correspondence? Really? That seems like the long way around. I'd just go with option C and change the customer directly.
upvoted 0 times
Mabelle
15 days ago
B) Issue a credit memo to the customer? Sounds like a lot of extra work to me. Why not just fix it on the original payment?
upvoted 0 times
Cary
20 hours ago
Contact the customer through correspondence.
upvoted 0 times
Cary
4 days ago
Reset the clearing and reverse the document
upvoted 0 times
Crista
1 months ago
I think contacting the customer through correspondence (D) would be the best option to avoid any confusion.
upvoted 0 times
Germaine
1 months ago
I would go with C) Change the customer on the payment document, as it seems like a simpler solution.
upvoted 0 times
Jody
1 months ago
I agree with Serita, because reversing the document would undo the incorrect match.
upvoted 0 times
Estrella
2 months ago
A) Reset the clearing and reverse the document - definitely the way to go here. Gotta love that 'undo' button!
upvoted 0 times
Luisa
8 days ago
D) Contact the customer through correspondence.
upvoted 0 times
Linwood
18 days ago
C) Change the customer on the payment document.
upvoted 0 times
Golda
19 days ago
B) Issue a credit memo to the customer.
upvoted 0 times
Oliva
1 months ago
A) Reset the clearing and reverse the document
upvoted 0 times
Serita
2 months ago
I think the correct answer is A) Reset the clearing and reverse the document.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel