Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Salesforce Exam CRT-403 Topic 8 Question 41 Discussion

Actual exam question for Salesforce's CRT-403 exam
Question #: 41
Topic #: 8
[All CRT-403 Questions]

Northern Trail Outfitters wants to change a master-detail relationship on

Account to a lookup relationship with a custom object Park. The app builder tries to

reconfigure this but is unable to do so.

What could be causing this?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

When attempting to change a master-detail relationship to a lookup relationship, Salesforce imposes specific restrictions to maintain data integrity:

C . The Account record includes Parks roll-up summary fields. Master-detail relationships allow roll-up summary fields to aggregate data from child records onto the parent record. If any roll-up summary fields are present on the master object (Account in this case) that depend on the detail records (Parks), the relationship cannot be changed to lookup until these roll-up summary fields are removed.

To resolve this, follow these steps:

Identify and delete all roll-up summary fields on the Account object that reference the Park object.

Convert the master-detail relationship to a lookup relationship.

Recreate any necessary roll-ups using declarative tools like Process Builder or Flow if needed, as lookups do not support native roll-up summaries.

For more guidance, review Salesforce's documentation on Changing Field Types.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lindy
2 months ago
Wait, hold up. Is option B even a real thing? 'The Park object needs at least one Master-Detail field for reporting?' That's like saying you need a unicorn to ride a bicycle. Seriously, Salesforce?
upvoted 0 times
Lawrence
1 months ago
User 3: I think we should double-check the other options to see if any of them could be causing the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Crista
2 months ago
User 3: I agree with Virgie, it does sound like a valid reason for the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Merilyn
2 months ago
User 2: I agree, it doesn't make much sense. Maybe there's another reason why the app builder can't reconfigure the relationship.
upvoted 0 times
Virgie
2 months ago
User 2: I'm not sure about that. Maybe it's just a requirement in this specific case.
upvoted 0 times
Dylan
2 months ago
User 1: Yeah, that does sound strange. I've never heard of that requirement before.
upvoted 0 times
Ollie
2 months ago
User 1: I think option B is a real thing. It's necessary for reporting.
upvoted 0 times
Allene
3 months ago
Haha, this is a classic Salesforce problem. I bet it's option A - the Account is included in a flow process on the Park object, and that's causing the issue. Good one, Salesforce!
upvoted 0 times
Ariel
3 months ago
I'm unsure. Those formulas on Account mentioned in D could mess it up too.
upvoted 0 times
Paul
3 months ago
Option D seems the most likely to me. If there are existing formulas on the Park records that reference the Account, that would definitely make it difficult to change the relationship.
upvoted 0 times
Lauran
3 months ago
Hmm, I'm not sure. Could it be option B? The Park object needs at least one Master-Detail field for reporting, so that might be preventing the change.
upvoted 0 times
Noe
2 months ago
User2: Maybe, but it could also be option C, if the Account record includes Parks roll-up summary fields.
upvoted 0 times
Aretha
2 months ago
User1: It could be option B, the Park object needs a Master-Detail field for reporting.
upvoted 0 times
Trinidad
2 months ago
C) The Account record includes Parks roll-up summary fields.
upvoted 0 times
Jesusita
2 months ago
User2: I think you might be right, that could be causing the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Milly
2 months ago
User1: It could be option B, the Park object needs a Master-Detail field for reporting.
upvoted 0 times
Barney
2 months ago
B) The Park object needs at least one Master-Detail field for reporting.
upvoted 0 times
Sean
3 months ago
A) The Account is included in a flow process on the Park object.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
3 months ago
I think C. Roll-up summaries can't be on lookup relationships.
upvoted 0 times
Chantell
3 months ago
But A could also be valid with a flow process inclusion, don't you think?
upvoted 0 times
Antonette
3 months ago
Why not? C makes sense because of roll-up summary fields.
upvoted 0 times
King
3 months ago
I think it's option C. The Park records have existing roll-up summary fields on the Account, which is why the app builder can't reconfigure the relationship.
upvoted 0 times
Nieves
3 months ago
Yeah, that could definitely be the reason why the relationship can't be reconfigured.
upvoted 0 times
Dorthy
3 months ago
I agree, option C makes sense. The roll-up summary fields could be causing the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Johana
4 months ago
It's tricky. I'm leaning towards option C.
upvoted 0 times
Dorathy
4 months ago
What do you think about the question on changing a master-detail to a lookup?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel