Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Salesforce Exam CRT-403 Topic 5 Question 46 Discussion

Actual exam question for Salesforce's CRT-403 exam
Question #: 46
Topic #: 5
[All CRT-403 Questions]

Universal Container's sales reps can modify fields on an opportunity until it is closed.

The sales operations team has access to modify the Post-Close Follow-up Date and Post-Close Follow-up Comments fields after the opportunity is closed. After the

opportunity is closed, the rest of the fields are read only.

How should these requirements be met?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

To manage field editability based on the opportunity status:

C . Use field-level security on page layouts with record types to restrict editing fields. This combination allows for different layouts and editable fields based on the status of the record (e.g., closed or open).

Steps to implement:

Create or adjust record types for open and closed opportunities.

For each record type, create a specific page layout.

On the page layout for closed opportunities, set the majority of fields to read-only using field-level security, except for the 'Post-Close Follow-up Date' and 'Post-Close Follow-up Comments' fields.

Assign the appropriate page layouts to the respective record types.

Update profiles or permission sets to use these record types and page layouts accordingly.

This setup ensures that sales reps can modify fields only when the opportunity is open, and the sales operations team can edit specific fields after closure.

For more information on using record types and page layouts, check Salesforce's documentation on Record Types.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Willow
14 days ago
Well, well, well, looks like we've got a tricky one here. But no worries, C is the answer. Gotta keep those sales folks honest, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Leana
24 days ago
I think option A makes the most sense because it provides more flexibility in managing field access.
upvoted 0 times
Elke
26 days ago
I'm not sure, maybe using field-level security on page layouts with record types could also work.
upvoted 0 times
Audra
1 months ago
I agree with Bok, that seems like the best way to meet the requirements.
upvoted 0 times
Nichelle
1 months ago
Ah, the age-old question of how to restrict those pesky sales reps. C is the way to go, my friends. Gotta love that field-level security!
upvoted 0 times
Bettina
9 days ago
B) Use field-level security on page layouts to restrict editing fields.
upvoted 0 times
Ena
17 days ago
A) Use record types with field sets and restrict editing fields using field-level security.
upvoted 0 times
Bok
1 months ago
I think we should use record types with field sets and restrict editing fields using field-level security.
upvoted 0 times
Oretha
1 months ago
Ooh, look at that, a tricky one! I'm going with C, the good ol' field-level security and record types combo. Keeps the sales team on their toes, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Silvana
1 months ago
I swear, these sales reps are like a bunch of kids in a candy store. Good thing we've got field-level security to keep 'em in line. C is the way to go!
upvoted 0 times
Chantell
21 days ago
Definitely, field-level security is a lifesaver when it comes to keeping things under control.
upvoted 0 times
Hyun
1 months ago
I agree, those sales reps need some boundaries. C sounds like the best option.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel