Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Salesforce Exam ARC-801 Topic 11 Question 28 Discussion

Actual exam question for Salesforce's ARC-801 exam
Question #: 28
Topic #: 11
[All ARC-801 Questions]

Universal Containers uses an ERP as system of record (SOR) for its product data, and Sales Cloud and Revenue Cloud for its sales dat

a. TheProduct data must be synced with Salesforce so that sales representatives can add the products to their Opportunities and Quotes. As Products are deactivated within the ERP, they should no longer be available. Since Sales Cloud is the SOR for Opportunities and Revenue Cloud is the SOR for Quotes, the Solution Architect has been asked to come up with an archiving strategy that preserves Opportunity and Quote data related to these deactivated products m Salesforce for historical reference.

What should a Solution Architect recommend to manage the deactivation of the Products and archiving of the Saks data?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Deactivating products in Salesforce aligns with the ERP's status, maintaining data integrity without losing historical data. Marking related Opportunity and Quote data as inactive preserves historical records for reference without affecting active reporting, ensuring compliance with data retention policies and supporting accurate data analysis and decision-making.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Johnna
2 months ago
I don't know, archiving data in a third-party system sounds like a lot of work. Why not just deactivate the product and mark the related data as inactive? That's my vote for option D.
upvoted 0 times
Kenny
2 months ago
Haha, imagine trying to explain to the sales team why their favorite product suddenly disappeared from Salesforce. Option C is the way to go, for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Vincent
23 days ago
I agree, Option C is the most logical solution to manage the deactivation of products and archiving of sales data.
upvoted 0 times
Keneth
1 months ago
Yeah, it would be a tough conversation to have with the sales team. Option C seems like the best choice to keep everything in sync.
upvoted 0 times
Pearlene
2 months ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about deleting the product in Salesforce right away. What if someone needs to reference that data later? Option C seems like the best compromise.
upvoted 0 times
Ulysses
2 months ago
User 2
upvoted 0 times
Yvonne
2 months ago
User 1
upvoted 0 times
Rose
2 months ago
Option D looks good to me. Marking the Opportunity and Quote data as inactive is a neat way to preserve the historical records without cluttering up the system.
upvoted 0 times
Emmanuel
2 months ago
Yes, deactivating the Product in Salesforce and marking the Opportunity and Quote data as inactive seems like a practical solution to maintain data integrity.
upvoted 0 times
Ma
2 months ago
I agree, it's important to keep the historical data accessible but not in the way of current operations.
upvoted 0 times
Serina
2 months ago
Option D looks good to me. Marking the Opportunity and Quote data as inactive is a neat way to preserve the historical records without cluttering up the system.
upvoted 0 times
Nelida
2 months ago
I disagree, I believe we should deactivate the Product in Salesforce and archive the Opportunity and Quote data in a third-party system.
upvoted 0 times
Dallas
3 months ago
I think we should delete the Product in Salesforce once it is deactivated in the ERP.
upvoted 0 times
Timothy
3 months ago
I think option C is the way to go. Deactivating the product in Salesforce and archiving the data in a third-party system seems like the most sensible approach.
upvoted 0 times
Leanna
2 months ago
I think so too. Deactivating the product in Salesforce and archiving the data externally is a good way to maintain historical records.
upvoted 0 times
Santos
2 months ago
I agree, option C seems like the best choice. It keeps the data organized and easily accessible.
upvoted 0 times
Alaine
2 months ago
I think so too, deactivating the product in Salesforce and archiving the data externally makes sense.
upvoted 0 times
Roslyn
2 months ago
I see your point, but archiving the data in a third-party system for historical reference could be valuable. Option A might be worth considering.
upvoted 0 times
Sol
2 months ago
But wouldn't it be better to delete the product in Salesforce once it's deactivated in the ERP? That way there's no confusion.
upvoted 0 times
Elly
2 months ago
I agree, option C sounds like the best solution.
upvoted 0 times
Yoko
2 months ago
I agree, option C sounds like the best solution. Deactivating the product in Salesforce keeps everything in sync.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel