Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Salesforce Exam ADX-201 Topic 10 Question 66 Discussion

Actual exam question for Salesforce's ADX-201 exam
Question #: 66
Topic #: 10
[All ADX-201 Questions]

Cloud Kicks (CK) needs a new sales application. The administrator there is an application package on the AppExchange and wants to begin testing it in a sandbox to see If it addresses CK's needs.

What are two considerations when installing a managed package in a sandbox?

Choose 2 answers.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, D

Two considerations when installing a managed package in a sandbox are:

The installation link has to be modified to test.salesforce.com, because the default installation link points to login.salesforce.com which is for production orgs. To install a package in a sandbox org, the administrator has to replace login with test in the installation URL before clicking it.

The package will be removed any time the sandbox is refreshed, because refreshing a sandbox replaces its current data and metadata with those from its source org. If the source org does not have the package installed, then the sandbox will lose it after refresh. Any metadata changes to the package do not have to be recreated in production, because they are preserved during upgrades unless overwritten by the package developer. Install for Admins Only is not the only install option available; there are also Install for All Users and Install for Specific Profiles options. Reference: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.distribution_installing_packages.htm&type=5 https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.data_sandbox_implementation_tips.htm&type=5

Contribute your Thoughts:

Maryann
1 months ago
I believe Install for Admins Only will limit who can access the package during testing.
upvoted 0 times
Bernardine
2 months ago
Hmm, I'd say A and D are the right answers here. Managed packages are designed for production, so any changes have to be replicated. And the sandbox is just a test environment, so the package won't stick around forever. Gotta love those transient cloud environments!
upvoted 0 times
Lashaunda
6 days ago
Agreed, it's all about smooth transitions and making sure everything works seamlessly. A and D are definitely key considerations when installing a managed package in a sandbox.
upvoted 0 times
James
11 days ago
Definitely, it's all about maintaining that consistency between environments. Can't have any surprises when it comes to deployment.
upvoted 0 times
Jani
22 days ago
Yeah, that's true. And it's good to know that the package will be removed when the sandbox is refreshed. Keeps things clean and up to date.
upvoted 0 times
Novella
1 months ago
I think you're right, A and D make sense. It's important to keep production in sync with any changes made in the sandbox.
upvoted 0 times
An
2 months ago
I agree with Tashia. Option D is also crucial to remember when testing in a sandbox.
upvoted 0 times
Gerald
2 months ago
Haha, the admins at CK must be new to this whole 'cloud' thing. Of course, the package will be removed when the sandbox is refreshed! And I bet the 'Install for Admins Only' option is the only way to go. Gotta keep those non-admins out, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Tashia
2 months ago
I think option A is important because we don't want to lose any changes in production.
upvoted 0 times
Marleen
2 months ago
Whoa, hold up! I'm pretty sure the correct answers are A and C. The install options are limited in a sandbox, and you definitely can't modify the install link. But the metadata changes are a good point too.
upvoted 0 times
Justine
21 days ago
Yeah, you can't modify the install link in a sandbox. And any metadata changes have to be recreated in production.
upvoted 0 times
Marcos
22 days ago
I think you're right, A and C are the correct answers. The install options are limited in a sandbox.
upvoted 0 times
Lavelle
2 months ago
I think the correct answers are A and D. Managed packages are designed to be installed in production, so any metadata changes have to be manually replicated. And the sandbox is a temporary environment, so the package will be removed when it's refreshed.
upvoted 0 times
Emmett
2 months ago
That's right. And since the sandbox is temporary, the package will be removed whenever it's refreshed. It's crucial to keep that in mind when testing new applications.
upvoted 0 times
Ming
2 months ago
I agree, A and D are the correct answers. It's important to remember that any changes made in the sandbox will need to be manually recreated in production.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel