Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Riverbed Exam 830-01 Topic 1 Question 75 Discussion

Actual exam question for Riverbed's 830-01 exam
Question #: 75
Topic #: 1
[All 830-01 Questions]

You wish to utilize a SteelHead to fill a high bandwidth, high latency WAN link without data reduction. The link is 622mbps and 500ms latency. What steps should you take to fill the pipe?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lorriane
2 months ago
Haha, I bet the developers at Riverbed were having a good laugh when they came up with that 'data reduction can't be disabled' line. Nice try, but I'm going with Option B.
upvoted 0 times
Carmela
2 months ago
Enabling MXTCP and disabling SDR/LZ sounds like the perfect recipe for filling that 622Mbps link. I'm gonna remember that one.
upvoted 0 times
Detra
2 months ago
Wait, so Max-TCP and HS-TCP only work for optimized flows? That's news to me. Guess I'll have to dig deeper into those protocols.
upvoted 0 times
Junita
2 months ago
I'm with Sabina on this one. If you want to maximize throughput, you gotta turn off that data reduction magic.
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
2 months ago
Yes, that's correct. That combination will help fill the high bandwidth, high latency WAN link.
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
2 months ago
So we should enable HSTCP, configure WAN buffers, and disable SDR/LZ, right?
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
2 months ago
I agree, turning off data reduction is key to maximizing throughput.
upvoted 0 times
Scot
3 months ago
I think D) Enable MXTCP, configure the WAN buffers and disable SDR/LZ is the best option based on the scenario given.
upvoted 0 times
Alfred
3 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think C) Max-TCP and HS-TCP are only for optimized flows, so data reduction cannot be disabled but will fill the pipe anyway.
upvoted 0 times
Sabina
3 months ago
Option B seems like the way to go. Disabling data reduction is key to filling that high-bandwidth pipe.
upvoted 0 times
Melynda
2 months ago
User 2: Yeah, I agree. Enabling HSTCP and configuring the WAN buffers will help maximize the bandwidth without reducing data.
upvoted 0 times
Leota
2 months ago
User 1: I think option B is the best choice. Disabling data reduction is important for filling the high-bandwidth pipe.
upvoted 0 times
Tanja
3 months ago
I disagree, I believe the correct answer is B) Enable HSTCP, configure the WAN buffers and disable SDR/LZ.
upvoted 0 times
Alfred
4 months ago
I think the answer is A) Enable HSTCP, configure the WAN buffers and enable SDR/LZ.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel