Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PRMIA Exam 8007 Topic 1 Question 77 Discussion

Actual exam question for PRMIA's Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement – 2015 Edition exam
Question #: 77
Topic #: 1
[All Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement – 2015 Edition Questions]

What is a Hessian?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Kenny
2 months ago
Hessian, huh? Must be some kind of exotic sandwich filling. I'll go with A, the correlation matrix of market indices. Sounds delicious... I mean, relevant.
upvoted 0 times
Teddy
3 months ago
A Hessian? Is that like a Hessian matrix? I bet it's C, the matrix of second derivatives. Gotta love those higher-order derivatives, am I right? *chuckles nervously*
upvoted 0 times
Chi
2 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think you might be right with C, the matrix of second derivatives.
upvoted 0 times
Merrilee
2 months ago
No, I'm pretty sure it's D, the point at which a minimum of a multidimensional function is achieved.
upvoted 0 times
Ronnie
2 months ago
I think it's actually B, the vector of partial derivatives of a contingent claim.
upvoted 0 times
Lemuel
3 months ago
Hessian, huh? I'm picturing a burly German dude in a potato sack, but I don't think that's right. I'll play it safe and choose D, the point of minimum for a multidimensional function. Sounds suitably mathy.
upvoted 0 times
Kathrine
2 months ago
I'm going with C, a matrix of second derivatives of a function.
upvoted 0 times
Svetlana
2 months ago
I think it's B, the vector of partial derivatives of a contingent claim.
upvoted 0 times
Bette
3 months ago
I think it's actually the point at which a minimum of a multidimensional function is achieved.
upvoted 0 times
Haydee
3 months ago
Hmm, that's interesting. I always thought it was the correlation matrix of market indices.
upvoted 0 times
Brittni
3 months ago
I believe it's the vector of partial derivatives of a contingent claim.
upvoted 0 times
Haydee
3 months ago
I think a Hessian is a matrix of second derivatives of a function.
upvoted 0 times
Bobbie
3 months ago
Ooh, Hessian, that's a new one. Gotta be something to do with derivatives, right? I'm gonna go with B, the vector of partial derivatives. Sounds fancy and financial-y.
upvoted 0 times
Phung
3 months ago
Hessian? Sounds like a type of sandwich, but I'm pretty sure that's not the right answer here. I'll go with C - a matrix of second derivatives. Seems like the most math-y option.
upvoted 0 times
Marcelle
2 months ago
User4: I agree with User3, I'll go with D as well.
upvoted 0 times
Hassie
2 months ago
User3: I think it's D) The point at which a minimum of a multidimensional function is achieved.
upvoted 0 times
Noel
2 months ago
User2: I'm not sure about that. I'll go with A) Correlation matrix of market indices.
upvoted 0 times
Norah
2 months ago
User1: I think it's B) The vector of partial derivatives of a contingent claim.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel