Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PRMIA Exam 8002 Topic 1 Question 83 Discussion

Actual exam question for PRMIA's Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement :II exam
Question #: 83
Topic #: 1
[All Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement :II Questions]

What can be said about observations of random variables that are i.i.d. a normally distributed?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Linwood
1 months ago
I think Lauran is correct, as the t-distribution is used when estimating the mean divided by the standard deviation.
upvoted 0 times
Lauran
1 months ago
I believe the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a t-distribution, not the variance.
upvoted 0 times
Francoise
1 months ago
I agree with Art, because when observations are i.i.d. and normally distributed, the ratio follows a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Chara
1 months ago
Okay, let's see... If the random variables are i.i.d. and normally distributed, then the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation should have a t-distribution. I think 'C' is the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Larae
14 days ago
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying!
upvoted 0 times
Lauran
24 days ago
No, it's actually the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation that has a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Dottie
28 days ago
But isn't it the estimated mean divided by the estimated variance that has a t-distribution?
upvoted 0 times
Isadora
1 months ago
I agree, 'C' is the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Ilene
2 months ago
Haha, I'm just going to guess 'C' and hope for the best. Statistics questions can be such a mind-bender!
upvoted 0 times
Ollie
2 months ago
I'm pretty sure the estimated mean divided by the estimated variance has a Chi2-distribution. The standard deviation is just the square root of the variance, right?
upvoted 0 times
Annmarie
1 months ago
That's right. The standard deviation is the square root of the variance.
upvoted 0 times
Phillip
1 months ago
Yes, you're correct. The estimated mean divided by the estimated variance has a Chi2-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Mertie
2 months ago
The estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a t-distribution? That's a tough one. Let me think about it for a bit.
upvoted 0 times
Lenna
1 months ago
User 2: No, I believe it actually has a Chi2-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Leonardo
2 months ago
User 1: I think the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Art
2 months ago
I think the estimated mean divided by the estimated variance has a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel