Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PRMIA Exam 8002 Topic 1 Question 80 Discussion

Actual exam question for PRMIA's Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement :II exam
Question #: 80
Topic #: 1
[All Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement :II Questions]

What can be said about observations of random variables that are i.i.d. a normally distributed?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Elfriede
2 months ago
Haha, these statistics questions are always a bit tricky. I'm going to go with C and hope for the best!
upvoted 0 times
Oren
2 months ago
Wait, isn't the t-distribution used when the population variance is unknown? I'm going with D, the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a Chi2-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Giovanna
2 months ago
I'm pretty confident it's C. The standard deviation is the square root of the variance, so the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Carylon
1 months ago
So, the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation follows a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Belen
2 months ago
That makes sense, the standard deviation is the square root of the variance.
upvoted 0 times
Kate
2 months ago
I think you're right, the estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Cordelia
2 months ago
I'm not sure, but B sounds right to me. The estimated mean divided by the estimated variance has a Chi2-distribution, right?
upvoted 0 times
Kimberely
2 months ago
C) The estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation has a t-distribution
upvoted 0 times
Deangelo
2 months ago
B) The estimated mean divided by the estimated variance has a Chi2-distribution
upvoted 0 times
Wenona
2 months ago
A) The estimated mean divided by the estimated variance has a t-distribution
upvoted 0 times
Whitney
3 months ago
Hmm, I think it's C. The estimated mean divided by the estimated standard deviation should follow a t-distribution for i.i.d. normally distributed observations.
upvoted 0 times
Ellsworth
3 months ago
Yes, that's correct. It follows a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times
Karl
3 months ago
I agree, it should follow a t-distribution.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel