Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam MD-102 Topic 1 Question 12 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's MD-102 exam
Question #: 12
Topic #: 1
[All MD-102 Questions]

You have a Windows 10 device named Device! that is joined to Active Directory and enrolled in Microsoft Intune.

Device1 is managed by using Group Policy and Intune.

You need to ensure that the Intune settings override the Group Policy settings.

What should you configure?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

A device configuration profile is a collection of settings that can be applied to devices enrolled in Microsoft Intune. You can use device configuration profiles to manage Windows 10 devices that are joined to Active Directory and enrolled in Intune. To ensure that the Intune settings override the Group Policy settings, you need to enable the policy CSP setting called MDMWinsOverGP in the device configuration profile. This setting will give precedence to the MDM policy over any conflicting Group Policy settings.Reference:[Use policy CSP settings to create custom device configuration profiles]

Contribute your Thoughts:

Bernardo
5 months ago
Haha, true. It's like they just couldn't resist making another management tool. But hey, if it works, it works. And a device configuration profile does sound like the right answer here. Gotta love how Intune can just steamroll over those pesky Group Policy settings.
upvoted 0 times
Laine
5 months ago
Yeah, I agree with you both. A device configuration profile is the way to go. Though I have to say, it's kind of funny that Microsoft made this whole Intune system when we already had Group Policy. But I guess they wanted to make it more cloud-friendly or something.
upvoted 0 times
Gilma
5 months ago
I was thinking the same thing. A device configuration profile seems like the best way to go here. That way, you can set up the specific Intune settings you want and they'll override the Group Policy ones.
upvoted 0 times
Tamar
5 months ago
Hmm, this is an interesting one. I think the answer is A) a device configuration profile. Intune's device configuration profiles can override Group Policy settings, so that sounds like the right way to ensure the Intune settings take precedence.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel