Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-600 Topic 3 Question 17 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-600 exam
Question #: 17
Topic #: 3
[All DP-600 Questions]

You have a Fabric tenant that contains a new semantic model in OneLake.

You use a Fabric notebook to read the data into a Spark DataFrame.

You need to evaluate the data to calculate the min, max, mean, and standard deviation values for all the string and numeric columns.

Solution: You use the following PySpark expression:

df.show()

Does this meet the goal?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

The df.show() method also does not meet the goal. It is used to show the contents of the DataFrame, not to compute statistical functions. Reference = The usage of the show() function is documented in the PySpark API documentation.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Janine
15 days ago
I'm sorry, but df.show() is not going to give us the statistical analysis we need. I think the correct answer is 'No' on this one. Let's move on to the next question, where we can hopefully find a more challenging problem to solve.
upvoted 0 times
My
17 days ago
Haha, I've seen some lazy solutions in my day, but this takes the cake. df.show()? Really? I bet the answer is 'No' on this one.
upvoted 0 times
Jame
18 days ago
Nah, this isn't going to cut it. We need to dig deeper into the Spark DataFrame API to get the job done. What is this, PySpark for Dummies?
upvoted 0 times
Rima
19 days ago
Hmm, df.show() just prints the first few rows of the DataFrame. It doesn't actually calculate any statistical measures. I think we need to use functions like min(), max(), mean(), and stddev() to get the job done.
upvoted 0 times
Mitsue
22 days ago
Wow, that's a pretty basic solution. I'm not sure it's going to give us the full analysis we need. Where are the min, max, mean, and standard deviation calculations?
upvoted 0 times
Rolland
1 months ago
I agree with Regenia. We should use appropriate functions to calculate the statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Stevie
1 months ago
But df.show() will only display the data, not calculate the statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Regenia
1 months ago
I disagree. We need to use functions like min, max, mean, and stddev.
upvoted 0 times
Stevie
2 months ago
I think the solution is correct.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel