Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-600 Topic 3 Question 14 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-600 exam
Question #: 14
Topic #: 3
[All DP-600 Questions]

You have a Microsoft Power Bl semantic model.

You need to identify any surrogate key columns in the model that have the Summarize By property set to a value other than to None. The solution must minimize effort.

What should you use?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

To identify surrogate key columns with the 'Summarize By' property set to a value other than 'None,' the Best Practice Analyzer in Tabular Editor is the most efficient tool. The Best Practice Analyzer can analyze the entire model and provide a report on all columns that do not meet a specified best practice, such as having the 'Summarize By' property set correctly for surrogate key columns. Here's how you would proceed:

Open your Power BI model in Tabular Editor.

Go to the Advanced Scripting window.

Write or use an existing script that checks the 'Summarize By' property of each column.

Execute the script to get a report on the surrogate key columns that do not have their 'Summarize By' property set to 'None'.

You can then review and adjust the properties of the columns directly within the Tabular Editor.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Melodie
3 months ago
The Model explorer in Power BI Desktop? That's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The Model view is where it's at, my friends. It's the magic mirror that shows you all the secrets of your data model.
upvoted 0 times
Iola
3 months ago
I'm with Sol on this one. The Best Practice Analyzer is great, but it's like bringing a bazooka to a knife fight when all you need is a quick look at the Model view.
upvoted 0 times
Lynda
2 months ago
B) Model view in Microsoft Power Bl Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Tesha
2 months ago
A) DAX Formatter in DAX Studio
upvoted 0 times
Sol
3 months ago
Hmm, the Best Practice Analyzer in Tabular Editor might be overkill for this task. It's like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Shay
3 months ago
C) Model explorer in Microsoft Power Bl Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Maryrose
3 months ago
B) Model view in Microsoft Power Bl Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Marjory
4 months ago
I agree, the Model view is the best option here. It's like having a treasure map for your data model - everything's laid out for you to see.
upvoted 0 times
Sonia
4 months ago
The Model view in Power BI Desktop is the way to go. It gives you a clear visual of the model and all the properties, making it easy to spot those surrogate key columns with a non-'None' Summarize By setting.
upvoted 0 times
Rebbecca
3 months ago
D) Best Practice Analyzer in Tabular Editor
upvoted 0 times
Pamela
3 months ago
D) Best Practice Analyzer in Tabular Editor
upvoted 0 times
Blythe
3 months ago
C) Model explorer in Microsoft Power BI Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Virgie
3 months ago
B) Model view in Microsoft Power BI Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Merilyn
4 months ago
C) Model explorer in Microsoft Power BI Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Delila
4 months ago
B) Model view in Microsoft Power BI Desktop
upvoted 0 times
Luke
4 months ago
I agree with Jeniffer. Model view in Microsoft Power BI Desktop is the best option for this task.
upvoted 0 times
Jeniffer
4 months ago
I think we should use Model view in Microsoft Power BI Desktop to identify the surrogate key columns.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel