Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-600 Topic 1 Question 7 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-600 exam
Question #: 7
Topic #: 1
[All DP-600 Questions]

You have a Fabric tenant that contains a new semantic model in OneLake.

You use a Fabric notebook to read the data into a Spark DataFrame.

You need to evaluate the data to calculate the min, max, mean, and standard deviation values for all the string and numeric columns.

Solution: You use the following PySpark expression:

df.explain()

Does this meet the goal?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Shonda
3 months ago
That's a good point, Miriam. It can help us optimize our code before calculating statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Miriam
3 months ago
I still think df.explain() could be useful in understanding the DataFrame structure before applying descriptive statistics functions.
upvoted 0 times
Theron
3 months ago
That makes sense. df.describe() would be more appropriate for calculating the statistics we're looking for.
upvoted 0 times
Dominga
3 months ago
I think we should use descriptive statistics functions like df.describe() to get the summary statistics we need.
upvoted 0 times
Shonda
4 months ago
I agree with Theron. df.explain() only displays the execution plan for a DataFrame.
upvoted 0 times
Theron
4 months ago
I think using df.explain() in PySpark would not give us the min, max, mean, and standard deviation values for all columns.
upvoted 0 times
Mirta
5 months ago
You know, I heard that the exam writers love to include tricky questions like this, just to see if we're paying attention. I bet they're laughing at us right now for even considering `df.explain()`.
upvoted 0 times
Anabel
4 months ago
A) Yes
upvoted 0 times
Ivan
4 months ago
I think they're just trying to trip us up.
upvoted 0 times
William
4 months ago
A) Yes
upvoted 0 times
Ben
4 months ago
You're right, they do like to test our attention to detail.
upvoted 0 times
Kathrine
4 months ago
No
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
4 months ago
A) Yes
upvoted 0 times
Salena
5 months ago
Exactly! The `df.explain()` function is more for debugging and optimizing the DataFrame operations, not for actually calculating the statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Lourdes
5 months ago
Yeah, I agree. We need to use functions like `df.agg()` and `df.describe()` to get the statistical summary we need.
upvoted 0 times
Shaun
5 months ago
I don't think that's the right solution. The `df.explain()` function just shows the execution plan of the DataFrame, it doesn't actually calculate the min, max, mean, and standard deviation.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel