Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-500 Topic 2 Question 45 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-500 exam
Question #: 45
Topic #: 2
[All DP-500 Questions]

You are using a Python notebook in an Apache Spark pool in Azure Synapse Analytics.

You need to present the data distribution statistics from a DataFrame in a tabular view.

Which method should you invoke on the DataFrame?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

pandas.DataFrame.corr computes pairwise correlation of columns, excluding NA/null values.

Incorrect:

* freqItems

pyspark.sql.DataFrame.freqItems

Finding frequent items for columns, possibly with false positives. Using the frequent element count algorithm described in https://doi.org/10.1145/762471.762473, proposed by Karp, Schenker, and Papadimitriou.'

* summary is used for index.

* There is no panda method for rollup. Rollup would not be correct anyway.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Roselle
23 days ago
I believe freqItems is used for finding frequent items, not data distribution statistics. So, D) describe is the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Vonda
1 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think A) freqItems might also be used for data distribution statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Huey
1 months ago
The 'describe' method is the way to go! It's like a magic trick - you wave your DataFrame at it, and *poof*, you've got a beautiful table of distribution stats. Saves you from having to do all that number-crunching yourself.
upvoted 0 times
Rosendo
1 months ago
Ah, the 'describe' method - the data analyst's best friend! It's like having a personal genie that can summarize your data in a snap. Beats trying to do it all by hand, that's for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Jaime
3 days ago
C) sample
upvoted 0 times
Amber
12 days ago
B) corr
upvoted 0 times
Devorah
23 days ago
A) freqItems
upvoted 0 times
Whitney
1 months ago
I agree with Alecia, describe method gives statistical summary of the DataFrame.
upvoted 0 times
Lourdes
1 months ago
Definitely 'describe'! It's the perfect tool for getting a quick overview of your data. Plus, it's way easier than trying to do all that manually. Who's got time for that?
upvoted 0 times
Nadine
24 days ago
User 2: Agreed, it's definitely the easiest option.
upvoted 0 times
Glory
1 months ago
User 1: I think 'describe' is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Alecia
2 months ago
I think the answer is D) describe.
upvoted 0 times
Pamella
2 months ago
Hmm, I think the 'describe' method is the way to go. It's like the Swiss Army knife of data analysis - it gives you a nice summary of the distribution, including measures like mean, standard deviation, and percentiles.
upvoted 0 times
Lyla
9 days ago
'describe' is definitely the method to use for tabular data distribution statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Lilli
10 days ago
I would go with 'describe' for data distribution statistics.
upvoted 0 times
Peggy
13 days ago
I think 'describe' will give you the statistics you need.
upvoted 0 times
Huey
16 days ago
I agree, 'describe' is the method you should use.
upvoted 0 times
Cherelle
1 months ago
User 2: Yeah, 'describe' is really handy for getting a quick overview of the data.
upvoted 0 times
Chauncey
1 months ago
User 1: I agree, 'describe' is the best choice for getting data distribution statistics.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel