Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-420 Topic 10 Question 45 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-420 exam
Question #: 45
Topic #: 10
[All DP-420 Questions]

You have an Azure subscription.

You plan to create an Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL database named DB1 that will store author and book data for authors that have each published up to ten books. Typical and frequent queries of the data will include:

* All books written by an individual author

* The synopsis of individual books

You need to recommend a data model for DB1. The solution must meet the following requirements:

* Support transactional updates of the author and book data.

* Minimize read operation costs.

What should you recommend?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Sue
1 months ago
I agree with Titus, option A seems to be the most scalable and efficient solution for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Titus
1 months ago
But embedding a list of books in the author item might lead to performance issues when querying for individual books.
upvoted 0 times
Nadine
2 months ago
I disagree, I believe option C is better as it reduces the number of containers and simplifies the data model.
upvoted 0 times
Titus
2 months ago
I think option A is the best choice because it allows for a more efficient way to query the data.
upvoted 0 times
Martina
2 months ago
I don't know, man. What if the author publishes way more than 10 books? Wouldn't that make the embedded book list a performance nightmare? Maybe Option B is the way to go, even if it's a bit more work.
upvoted 0 times
Sherell
1 months ago
B) Create three containers, one that stores author items, a second that stores book items, and a third that stores items that represent the relationship between the authors and their books.
upvoted 0 times
Marylyn
2 months ago
A) Create a single container that stores author items and book items, and then items that represent the relationship between the authors and their books.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
2 months ago
I agree with Denny, option A seems like the most scalable and cost-effective solution for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Denny
2 months ago
But embedding the list of books in the author item could lead to performance issues with large datasets.
upvoted 0 times
Sabra
2 months ago
Ha! Reminds me of that classic exam question - 'Which data model gives me the least amount of work?' Classic Cosmos DB stuff. I'd have to go with Option C as well.
upvoted 0 times
Lashunda
2 months ago
Good point. Cosmos DB is all about optimizing for your access patterns. If you're really only dealing with up to 10 books per author, then Option C does seem like the winner here.
upvoted 0 times
Lonny
1 months ago
Good point. Cosmos DB is all about optimizing for your access patterns. If you're really only dealing with up to 10 books per author, then Option C does seem like the winner here.
upvoted 0 times
Kaycee
1 months ago
C) Create two containers, one that stores author items and another that stores book items. Embed a list of each author's books in the corresponding author item.
upvoted 0 times
Joaquin
2 months ago
A) Create a single container that stores author items and book items, and then items that represent the relationship between the authors and their books.
upvoted 0 times
Yasuko
2 months ago
I disagree, I believe option C is better as it reduces the number of containers and simplifies the data model.
upvoted 0 times
Belen
2 months ago
Option C sounds like the way to go. Embedding the book list in the author item makes sense for the frequent queries and minimizes read costs.
upvoted 0 times
Jeniffer
1 months ago
That's true, having a single container with embedded lists could simplify the data model and make updates easier.
upvoted 0 times
Olive
1 months ago
But wouldn't it be easier to manage if everything is in one container with embedded lists?
upvoted 0 times
Lashawna
2 months ago
I agree, having two separate containers for authors and books could make queries more efficient.
upvoted 0 times
Otis
2 months ago
Option C sounds like the way to go. Embedding the book list in the author item makes sense for the frequent queries and minimizes read costs.
upvoted 0 times
Denny
2 months ago
I think option A is the best choice because it allows for efficient queries on both authors and books.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel