Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-300 Topic 4 Question 96 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-300 exam
Question #: 96
Topic #: 4
[All DP-300 Questions]

You have two Azure virtual machines named Server 1 and Server2 that run Windows Server 2022 and are joined to an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) domain named contoso.com.

Both virtual machines have a default instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2019 installed. Server1 is configured as a master server, and Server2 is configured as a target server.

On Server1, you create a proxy account named contoso\sqlproxy.

You need to ensure that the SQL Server Agent job steps can be downloaded from Server1 and run on Server2.

Which two actions should you perform? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D, E

Contribute your Thoughts:

Nan
19 days ago
Let's go with options A and B then, and skip option C.
upvoted 0 times
Melita
23 days ago
Hah, I bet the person who wrote this question was just bored and wanted to see how many options they could come up with. SQL Server, Active Directory, and virtual machines? Sounds like a party!
upvoted 0 times
Christoper
7 days ago
A) On Server2, grant the contoso\\sqlproxy account the Impersonate a client after authentication user right.
upvoted 0 times
Marguerita
24 days ago
Hold up, is this a trick question? I bet the real answer is to just use a magic wand and make the servers work together. Who needs user rights and registry settings when you've got wizard powers?
upvoted 0 times
Marg
8 days ago
C) On Server2. create a proxy account.
upvoted 0 times
Benedict
10 days ago
B) On Server2, grant the contoso\\sqlproxy account the Access this computer from the network user right.
upvoted 0 times
Lacey
16 days ago
A) On Server2, grant the contoso\\sqlproxy account the Impersonate a client after authentication user right.
upvoted 0 times
Otis
26 days ago
I think option C is not necessary since we already have the contoso\sqlproxy account on Server1.
upvoted 0 times
Joseph
30 days ago
I'm not sure about option C, do we really need to create a proxy account on Server2?
upvoted 0 times
Bernadine
1 months ago
I'm going with B and D. Gotta give that proxy account the necessary network access, and the registry setting on Server1 will make sure the jobs can actually use the proxy.
upvoted 0 times
Nan
1 months ago
I agree with Otis, those options seem to make sense.
upvoted 0 times
Nan
1 months ago
D and E sound like the right choices. We need to set the registry entries on both Server1 and Server2 to allow the downloaded jobs to run through the proxy account.
upvoted 0 times
Annabelle
25 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Malinda
1 months ago
I think option B is the way to go. Granting the contoso\sqlproxy account the 'Access this computer from the network' user right on Server2 is crucial for the SQL Server Agent job steps to be downloaded and executed.
upvoted 0 times
Hobert
16 days ago
E) On Server2, set the AllowDownloadedJobsToNatchProxyName registry entry to 1.
upvoted 0 times
Annelle
17 days ago
B) On Server2, grant the contoso\\sqlproxy account the Access this computer from the network user right.
upvoted 0 times
Otis
2 months ago
I think we should choose option A and B.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel