Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-203 Topic 2 Question 92 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-203 exam
Question #: 92
Topic #: 2
[All DP-203 Questions]

You have an Azure Synapse Analytics dedicated SQL pool.

You plan to create a fact table named Table1 that will contain a clustered columnstore index.

You need to optimize data compression and query performance for Table1.

What is the minimum number of rows that Table1 should contain before you create partitions?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Zachary
1 months ago
I agree with Jacqueline, creating partitions with fewer rows can definitely improve query performance.
upvoted 0 times
Jacqueline
1 months ago
But wouldn't creating partitions with 1 million rows be more efficient for query performance?
upvoted 0 times
Jamika
2 months ago
I'm just hoping the right answer isn't 'all of the above' - that would be a real head-scratcher!
upvoted 0 times
Emilio
2 months ago
A) 100,000? That's just way too low. You'll never get the full benefits of a columnstore index with that few rows.
upvoted 0 times
Margarett
2 months ago
I disagree, I believe the answer is D) 60 million.
upvoted 0 times
Aron
2 months ago
B) 600,000 seems like a good middle ground to me. Partitioning can get tricky, so I'd try to avoid it if possible.
upvoted 0 times
Staci
30 days ago
B) 600,000
upvoted 0 times
Tawna
1 months ago
A) 100,000
upvoted 0 times
Twila
2 months ago
D) 60 million? Wow, that's a lot of rows! I guess if you have a really massive dataset, partitioning might be the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Son
2 months ago
C) 1 million? I heard that's the sweet spot for columnstore indexes in Azure Synapse. Anything less and the compression won't be as good.
upvoted 0 times
Ronnie
2 months ago
C) 1 million? I heard that's the sweet spot for columnstore indexes in Azure Synapse. Anything less and the compression won't be as good.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
2 months ago
A) 100,000
upvoted 0 times
Jacqueline
2 months ago
I think the answer is C) 1 million.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel