Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-800 Topic 4 Question 49 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-800 exam
Question #: 49
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-800 Questions]

Task 4

You need to run a container that uses the mcrmicrosoft.com/windows/servercofe/iis image on SRV1. Port 80 on the container must be published to port 5001 on SRV1 and the container must run in the background

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

To run a container on SRV1 using the mcrmicrosoft.com/windows/servercofe/iis image, publish port 80 on the container to port 5001 on SRV1, and ensure it runs in the background, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Pull the IIS Image First, pull the correct IIS image from the Microsoft Container Registry:

docker pull mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore/iis

Step 2: Run the Container Next, run the container with the required port mapping and ensure it runs in the background using the -d flag:

docker run -d -p 5001:80 --name iis_container mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore/iis

This command will start a container named iis_container using the IIS image, map port 80 inside the container to port 5001 on SRV1, and run the container in detached mode.

Step 3: Verify the Container is Running To verify that the container is running and the port is published, use the following command:

docker ps

This will list all running containers and show the port mappings.

Step 4: Access the IIS Server You can now access the IIS server running in the container by navigating to http://<SRV1_IP>:5001 in a web browser, where <SRV1_IP> is the IP address of SRV1.

Note: Ensure that Docker is installed on SRV1 and that the port 5001 is open on the firewall to allow incoming connections1.

By following these steps, you should be able to run the IIS container on SRV1 with the specified port mapping and have it running in the background. Please replace mcrmicrosoft.com/windows/servercofe/iis with the correct image name mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore/iis as shown in the commands above.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Marvel
25 days ago
I bet the solution involves some fancy Docker commands. Let's see what the experts have to say.
upvoted 0 times
Aliza
30 days ago
Definitely need to run this in the background. Can't have that container hogging up the foreground!
upvoted 0 times
Lovetta
21 hours ago
User 2: Yes, I published port 80 to port 5001 on SRV1.
upvoted 0 times
Chuck
2 days ago
User 1: Did you figure out how to run that container in the background?
upvoted 0 times
Louis
1 months ago
I believe this task requires attention to detail and following the instructions accurately.
upvoted 0 times
Janae
1 months ago
Yes, and the container must run in the background as well.
upvoted 0 times
King
1 months ago
I agree, we also need to publish port 80 on the container to port 5001 on SRV1.
upvoted 0 times
Janae
1 months ago
I think we need to run a container using the microsoft.com/windows/servercore/iis image on SRV1.
upvoted 0 times
Marylin
1 months ago
Hmm, publishing port 80 to 5001 on the host seems a bit odd, but I guess it could work. I'd give it a try.
upvoted 0 times
Jaime
2 months ago
This looks like a straightforward container deployment task. I'd go with option A to see the solution.
upvoted 0 times
Paris
14 days ago
User4: The container must run in the background as well.
upvoted 0 times
Brock
15 days ago
User3: Port 80 on the container needs to be published to port 5001 on SRV1.
upvoted 0 times
Gwenn
16 days ago
User2: Agreed, let's go with option A to see the solution.
upvoted 0 times
Karrie
1 months ago
User1: I think we should use option A for the container deployment task.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel