Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-800 Topic 3 Question 50 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-800 exam
Question #: 50
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-800 Questions]

Task 9

You need to ensure that all the computers in the domain use DNSSEC to resolve names in the adatum.com zone.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

To ensure that all computers in the domain use DNSSEC to resolve names in the adatum.com zone, you'll need to configure both the DNS servers and the client computers. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Sign the adatum.com Zone First, you need to sign the adatum.com DNS zone. This can be done using the DNS Manager or PowerShell. Here's a PowerShell example:

Add-DnsServerSigningKey -ZoneName 'adatum.com' -CryptoAlgorithm RsaSha256

Set-DnsServerDnsSecZoneSetting -ZoneName 'adatum.com' -DenialOfExistence NSEC3 -NSEC3Parameters 1,0,10,''

This will add a signing key and configure DNSSEC for the zone with NSEC3 parameters.

Step 2: Configure DNS Servers Ensure that your DNS servers are configured to support DNSSEC. This includes setting up trust anchors for the zones that you want to validate and configuring the DNS servers to provide DNSSEC validation for DNS queries.

Step 3: Configure DNS Clients For DNSSEC validation to occur on the client side, the client computers must be configured to trust the DNS server's validation process. This typically involves configuring the client's DNS settings to point to a DNS server that supports DNSSEC.

Step 4: Validate Configuration You can validate that DNSSEC is working correctly by using tools like nslookup or dig to query DNS records and check for the presence of DNSSEC signatures in the responses.

Note: The exact steps may vary depending on your environment and the version of Windows Server you are using. Ensure that you have the appropriate administrative rights to make these changes and that you test the configuration in a controlled environment before deploying it domain-wide12.

By following these steps, you should be able to ensure that all computers in your domain use DNSSEC to resolve names in the adatum.com zone.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Marvel
29 days ago
I don't think so, the security benefits outweigh any potential performance impact.
upvoted 0 times
Ena
30 days ago
But won't enabling DNSSEC cause any performance issues?
upvoted 0 times
Aretha
1 months ago
I agree, it will help ensure secure name resolution in the adatum.com zone.
upvoted 0 times
Danica
1 months ago
DNSSEC, the secret sauce that keeps our domain safe from the dark corners of the internet. I wonder if it comes with a side of cybersecurity superpowers.
upvoted 0 times
Lashanda
1 months ago
DNSSEC, the digital bodyguard for our domain. Time to make sure those cyber-villains can't pull a fast one on us.
upvoted 0 times
Vicki
19 days ago
Agreed, DNSSEC is crucial for ensuring the security and integrity of our domain's name resolution.
upvoted 0 times
Paris
1 months ago
We need to enable DNSSEC for all computers in the domain to protect against cyber threats.
upvoted 0 times
Marvel
1 months ago
I think we should enable DNSSEC for all computers in the domain.
upvoted 0 times
Aleisha
1 months ago
DNSSEC? Isn't that the thing that makes it harder for me to remember my own domain name? I guess I'll have to start carrying a cheat sheet around.
upvoted 0 times
Marica
2 months ago
DNSSEC, huh? Sounds like a great way to keep the internet police at bay. Where do I sign up for this security party?
upvoted 0 times
Trinidad
2 months ago
Ah, the joys of DNS security! Time to batten down the hatches and make sure those pesky hackers can't hijack our domain name resolution.
upvoted 0 times
Ciara
21 days ago
Agreed, we need to protect our domain name resolution from potential threats.
upvoted 0 times
Jamey
21 days ago
Let's make sure all our computers are configured to use DNSSEC for resolving names in the adatum.com zone.
upvoted 0 times
Teresita
22 days ago
Let's make sure all computers in the domain are using DNSSEC for adatum.com zone.
upvoted 0 times
Gilberto
23 days ago
I heard that implementing DNSSEC can help prevent DNS spoofing attacks.
upvoted 0 times
Shalon
29 days ago
We should definitely enable DNSSEC to prevent any unauthorized changes to our domain names.
upvoted 0 times
Chantay
1 months ago
I agree, DNS security is crucial for protecting our network.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel