Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-800 Topic 11 Question 47 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-800 exam
Question #: 47
Topic #: 11
[All AZ-800 Questions]

Task 6

You need to ensure that you can manage DC1 by using Windows Admin Center on SRV1.

The required source files are located in a folder named \\dc1.contoso.com\install.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

One possible solution to ensure that you can manage DC1 by using Windows Admin Center on SRV1 is to install Windows Admin Center on SRV1 and add DC1 as a managed server. Windows Admin Center is a web-based management tool that allows you to manage servers, clusters, Windows PCs, and Azure virtual machines (VMs) from a single interface. Here are the steps to install Windows Admin Center on SRV1 and add DC1 as a managed server:

On SRV1, open a web browser and go to the folder named \dc1.contoso.com\install. Download the Windows Admin Center installer file (WindowsAdminCenter.msi) and save it to a local folder, such as C:\Temp.

Run the Windows Admin Center installer file and follow the installation wizard. You can choose to install Windows Admin Center as a desktop app or as a service. For more information on how to install Windows Admin Center, seeInstall Windows Admin Center.

After the installation is complete, launch Windows Admin Center from the Start menu or the desktop shortcut. If you installed Windows Admin Center as a service, you can access it from a web browser by using the URL https://localhost:6516 or https://<SRV1>:6516, where <SRV1> is the name or IP address of SRV1.

On the Windows Admin Center dashboard, clickAddto add a new connection. SelectServeras the connection type and enter the name or IP address of DC1 in the Server name field. Optionally, you can specify the display name, description, and tags for the connection. ClickSubmitto add DC1 as a managed server.

On the Windows Admin Center dashboard, you should see DC1 listed under the Servers section. Click on DC1 to open the server overview page. From here, you can manage various aspects of DC1, such as roles and features, certificates, devices, events, files, firewall, processes, registry, services, and more. For more information on how to use Windows Admin Center to manage servers, seeManage servers with Windows Admin Center.

Now, you can manage DC1 by using Windows Admin Center on SRV1. You can also add more servers or other types of connections to Windows Admin Center and manage them from the same interface

Contribute your Thoughts:

Angella
2 months ago
Well, at least they're not asking me to manually configure DHCP. That's always a headache.
upvoted 0 times
Shannon
2 months ago
DC1, eh? I bet the IT team has a pool going on how many times that server crashes in a week.
upvoted 0 times
Blondell
1 months ago
Hopefully using Windows Admin Center on SRV1 will help manage it better.
upvoted 0 times
Chantay
2 months ago
I wouldn't be surprised if they do, DC1 seems to have a reputation.
upvoted 0 times
Lashawnda
3 months ago
Hmm, looks like I need to access a network share to get the source files. Hope my VPN is working!
upvoted 0 times
Darci
2 months ago
User2: I always double check my VPN connection before accessing any network resources.
upvoted 0 times
Coleen
2 months ago
User1: Make sure your VPN is connected before trying to access the network share.
upvoted 0 times
Louis
2 months ago
User1: Good point, I'll do that before attempting to manage DC1 with Windows Admin Center.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
2 months ago
User2: Make sure to check your connection before trying to access the source files.
upvoted 0 times
Skye
2 months ago
Make sure you have access to the network share before proceeding.
upvoted 0 times
Regenia
2 months ago
I hope your VPN connection is stable.
upvoted 0 times
Nikita
3 months ago
User1: I hope my VPN is working so I can access the network share.
upvoted 0 times
Dwight
3 months ago
Windows Admin Center, huh? I wonder if it comes with a 'Uninstall Microsoft Edge' button. Just kidding, I'm sure it's a great tool.
upvoted 0 times
Micheal
3 months ago
I agree, having easy access to the required source files on dc1.contoso.com/install is crucial for efficient management.
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
3 months ago
I think managing DC1 with Windows Admin Center on SRV1 is important.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel