Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-700 Topic 3 Question 62 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-700 exam
Question #: 62
Topic #: 3
[All AZ-700 Questions]

Task 11

You are preparing to connect your on-premises network to VNET4 by using a Site-to-Site VPN. The on-premises endpoint of the VPN will be created on a firewall named Firewall 1.

The on-premises network has the following configurations:

* Internal address range: 10.10.0.0/16.

* Firewall 1 internal IP address: 10.10.1.1.

* Firewall1 public IP address: 131.107.50.60.

BGP is NOT used.

You need to create the object that will provide the IP addressing configuration of the on-premises network to the Site-to-Site VPN. You do NOT need to create a virtual network gateway to complete this task.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Here are the steps and explanations for creating the object that will provide the IP addressing configuration of the on-premises network to the Site-to-Site VPN:

The object that you need to create is called a local network gateway. A local network gateway represents your on-premises network and VPN device in Azure. It contains the public IP address of your VPN device and the address prefixes of your on-premises network that you want to connect to the Azure virtual network1.

To create a local network gateway, you need to go to the Azure portal and selectCreate a resource. Search forlocal network gateway, selectLocal network gateway, then selectCreate2.

On theCreate local network gatewaypage, enter or select the following information and accept the defaults for the remaining settings:

Name: Type a unique name for your local network gateway.

IP address: Type the public IP address of your VPN device, which is 131.107.50.60 in this case.

Address space: Type the internal address range of your on-premises network, which is 10.10.0.0/16 in this case.

Subscription: Select your subscription name.

Resource group: Select your resource group name.

SelectReview + createand then selectCreateto create your local network gateway2.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Nobuko
28 days ago
I'm picturing the IT team frantically Googling 'how to connect on-premises network to Azure VNET' right about now. Option A for the win!
upvoted 0 times
Sabina
29 days ago
Haha, I bet the firewall admin is having a field day with this one. But option A sounds like the correct answer to me. Time to get that local network gateway set up!
upvoted 0 times
Vilma
30 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. But I think option A is the way to go. The local network gateway is the way to configure the on-premises network details for the Site-to-Site VPN.
upvoted 0 times
Yoko
3 days ago
Option A is correct. It allows you to specify the on-premises network details.
upvoted 0 times
Gretchen
4 days ago
That makes sense, local network gateway is the object that provides the IP addressing configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Lovetta
7 days ago
Option A: Local network gateway is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Nobuko
14 days ago
I agree, local network gateway is used to configure the on-premises network details.
upvoted 0 times
Yuonne
15 days ago
Option A: Local network gateway is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Wynell
1 months ago
Right, and don't forget to add the public IP address of Firewall 1, which is 131.107.50.60.
upvoted 0 times
Yen
1 months ago
And we need to include the internal IP address of Firewall 1, which is 10.10.1.1.
upvoted 0 times
Anna
1 months ago
The key here is to create the local network gateway, which represents the on-premises network. I'd go with option A for the step-by-step instructions.
upvoted 0 times
Lillian
23 days ago
Yes, option A provides the step-by-step instructions needed for this task.
upvoted 0 times
Mohammad
27 days ago
I think option A is the way to go for creating the local network gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Wynell
2 months ago
Yes, we should use the internal address range of 10.10.0.0/16.
upvoted 0 times
Yen
2 months ago
I think we need to create an object for the IP addressing configuration.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel