Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-140 Topic 9 Question 64 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-140 exam
Question #: 64
Topic #: 9
[All AZ-140 Questions]

You have an on-premises network and an Azure subscription. The subscription contains the following virtual network:

* Name:VNet1

* Address space: 10.10.0.0/16

* Subnet name: Subnet1

* Subnet1 address range: 10.10.0.0/16

You deploy an Azure Virtual Desktop host pool that contains 10 session hosts to Subnets.

You plan to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1 and provide the session hosts with access to the on-premises network.

You need to ensure that you can deploy the VPN gateway.

What should you do first?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

In order to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1, you should first add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1. According to the Microsoft Official Guide AZ-140, 'You must create a gateway subnet for the virtual network that you plan to use for the gateway. The subnet must be named GatewaySubnet and it must use an address range that is large enough to accommodate the number of IP addresses that you plan to use for the gateway and its supporting resources.' Therefore, the first step to ensure that you can deploy the VPN gateway is to add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Herman
2 months ago
I don't think adding a new subnet is necessary for deploying the VPN gateway. Modifying the address space of VNet1 might be more relevant.
upvoted 0 times
Phyliss
2 months ago
But what about adding a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1? Would that be a better option?
upvoted 0 times
Mickie
3 months ago
I agree, modifying the address range of Subnet1 would make sense for deploying the VPN gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Herman
3 months ago
I think the first thing we should do is modify the address range of Subnet1.
upvoted 0 times
German
3 months ago
I don't think adding a new subnet is necessary. Modifying the address space of VNet1 should be enough to deploy the VPN gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Sarah
3 months ago
But what about adding a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1? Could that be a valid option as well?
upvoted 0 times
Regenia
3 months ago
I agree with German, modifying the address space of VNet1 seems like the right first step.
upvoted 0 times
German
4 months ago
I think we should modify the address space of VNet1.
upvoted 0 times
Apolonia
5 months ago
Yeah, no kidding. It's almost like they're trying to trick us or something. But hey, that's certification exams for you. Always gotta be on your toes!
upvoted 0 times
Germaine
5 months ago
I agree with Tracie. Option B is the way to go. Although, I have to say, it's a bit surprising that they didn't mention the GatewaySubnet in the initial network setup. That seems like a pretty crucial detail, don't you think?
upvoted 0 times
Tracie
5 months ago
Exactly. Option B is the correct answer here. We need to add the GatewaySubnet before we can deploy the VPN gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Cathrine
5 months ago
Haha, true that. These exams are like a game of chess, you gotta think several moves ahead. But hey, at least we're all in this together, right? High five, team!
upvoted 0 times
Armanda
4 months ago
Totally, we got this!
upvoted 0 times
Nohemi
4 months ago
Yeah, teamwork makes the dream work!
upvoted 0 times
Virgina
4 months ago
D) Associate a network security group (NSG) to Subnet1.
upvoted 0 times
Cecilia
4 months ago
I agree, planning ahead is key in these situations.
upvoted 0 times
Cornell
4 months ago
A) Modify the address range of Subnet1. Most Voted
upvoted 0 times
Wilda
4 months ago
C) Modify the address space of VNet1. Most Voted
upvoted 0 times
Gerald
4 months ago
B) Add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel