Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-140 Topic 4 Question 76 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-140 exam
Question #: 76
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-140 Questions]

You have an on-premises network and an Azure subscription. The subscription contains the following virtual network:

* Name:VNet1

* Address space: 10.10.0.0/16

* Subnet name: Subnet1

* Subnet1 address range: 10.10.0.0/16

You deploy an Azure Virtual Desktop host pool that contains 10 session hosts to Subnets.

You plan to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1 and provide the session hosts with access to the on-premises network.

You need to ensure that you can deploy the VPN gateway.

What should you do first?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

In order to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1, you should first add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1. According to the Microsoft Official Guide AZ-140, 'You must create a gateway subnet for the virtual network that you plan to use for the gateway. The subnet must be named GatewaySubnet and it must use an address range that is large enough to accommodate the number of IP addresses that you plan to use for the gateway and its supporting resources.' Therefore, the first step to ensure that you can deploy the VPN gateway is to add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Gayla
18 days ago
I bet the correct answer is E) Summon a magical unicorn to set up the VPN for you. That's the only way to really get it done!
upvoted 0 times
Lang
19 days ago
I see your point, Rickie, but I think modifying the address space of VNet1 is more important for deploying the VPN gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Rickie
20 days ago
I'm not sure, but adding a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1 could also be a good option.
upvoted 0 times
Vallie
21 days ago
D) Associate a network security group (NSG) to Subnet1. Nah, that won't help with the VPN gateway deployment.
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
20 hours ago
A) Modify the address range of Subnet1.
upvoted 0 times
Huey
22 days ago
I agree with Lang, modifying the address space of VNet1 seems like the right first step.
upvoted 0 times
Lang
23 days ago
I think we should modify the address space of VNet1 first.
upvoted 0 times
Kristel
1 months ago
Hmm, B) sounds like the way to go. Gotta have that gateway subnet for the VPN to work properly.
upvoted 0 times
Nelida
1 months ago
C) Modify the address space of VNet1. Really? That seems like the wrong approach.
upvoted 0 times
Kirk
11 days ago
A) Modify the address range of Subnet1.
upvoted 0 times
Celestine
1 months ago
B) Add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1. That's the correct answer. You need a dedicated subnet for the VPN gateway.
upvoted 0 times
Abel
23 days ago
C) Modify the address space of VNet1.
upvoted 0 times
Serita
27 days ago
B) Add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel