Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

LPI Exam 300-300 Topic 4 Question 9 Discussion

Actual exam question for LPI's 300-300 exam
Question #: 9
Topic #: 4
[All 300-300 Questions]

In order to generate an individual log file for each of the machines connecting to a Samba server, which of the following statements must be used in the Samba configuration file?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Individual Log Files:

A . log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m: To generate an individual log file for each machine connecting to a Samba server, the %m variable is used in the log file path. This variable represents the machine name of the connecting client. Thus, the configuration line log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m creates a unique log file for each client machine.

Samba smb.conf manual

Logging configurations in Samba

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lauran
12 days ago
Wait, wait, wait... you're telling me the log file name has to be unique for each machine? What is this, the Stone Age? I thought we were living in the 21st century, where we have things like 'big data' and 'analytics'!
upvoted 0 times
Luis
13 days ago
Option C? Are you kidding me? The %r variable is for the remote machine name, not the local machine. That's just plain wrong.
upvoted 0 times
Isabella
18 days ago
Option E? Really? Who would use the %c variable for the log file name? That's just asking for chaos and confusion.
upvoted 0 times
Rosio
20 days ago
Hmm, I'd go with Option D. The %I variable is for the IP address, and that's gotta be unique for each machine, right? Makes sense to me.
upvoted 0 times
Jerilyn
10 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think Option A might be the right choice. It mentions %m which could stand for machine.
upvoted 0 times
Domingo
13 days ago
I think Option D is correct too. Each machine will have a unique IP address.
upvoted 0 times
Cassie
26 days ago
I'm pretty sure it's Option B. The %M variable stands for the IP address of the client, which seems like a logical choice for the log file name.
upvoted 0 times
Jerrod
16 days ago
I believe it's Option D. The %I variable stands for the IP address of the client, which would be more appropriate for the log file name.
upvoted 0 times
Ma
20 days ago
I think it's actually Option A. The %m variable represents the NetBIOS name of the client machine.
upvoted 0 times
Carin
1 months ago
I think B) log file = /var/log/samba/log.%M is the correct answer because %M represents the NetBIOS name
upvoted 0 times
Hollis
1 months ago
Option A is the correct answer. The %m variable represents the NetBIOS name of the client machine, which is perfect for generating individual log files.
upvoted 0 times
Xenia
4 days ago
That makes sense, using the NetBIOS name for individual log files is a good idea.
upvoted 0 times
Emogene
12 days ago
I think the answer is A) log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
upvoted 0 times
Jaclyn
1 months ago
I'm not sure, but I think A) makes sense because %m represents the machine name
upvoted 0 times
Tesha
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe the correct answer is D) log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I