Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

LPI Exam 300-300 Topic 1 Question 2 Discussion

Actual exam question for LPI's 300-300 exam
Question #: 2
Topic #: 1
[All 300-300 Questions]

In order to generate an individual log file for each of the machines connecting to a Samba server, which of the following statements must be used in the Samba configuration file?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Individual Log Files:

A . log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m: To generate an individual log file for each machine connecting to a Samba server, the %m variable is used in the log file path. This variable represents the machine name of the connecting client. Thus, the configuration line log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m creates a unique log file for each client machine.

Samba smb.conf manual

Logging configurations in Samba

Contribute your Thoughts:

Kimbery
2 months ago
I heard Samba is the latest dance craze sweeping the IT world. Time to log in and boogie down!
upvoted 0 times
Blondell
2 months ago
Wait, is this a trick question? What if the answer is actually E. %c for the client machine name? I'm feeling lucky today!
upvoted 0 times
Verdell
27 days ago
User 2: No, I believe it's D) log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
upvoted 0 times
Gerry
1 months ago
User 1: I think the answer is A) log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
upvoted 0 times
Erasmo
2 months ago
D. %I for the machine's IP address? Nah, that's too easy. I'm going with C. %r for the remote machine name.
upvoted 0 times
Shanice
2 months ago
Hmm, I was leaning towards B. %M seems more logical since it's the machine's IP address.
upvoted 0 times
Kristel
2 months ago
User3: I agree with User2, %M does seem more logical for individual machine log files.
upvoted 0 times
Julianna
2 months ago
User2: I see your point, but I still believe B is the right choice for the machine's IP address.
upvoted 0 times
Anthony
2 months ago
User1: I think A is the correct option, %m represents the machine name.
upvoted 0 times
Kimbery
3 months ago
I think the correct answer is A. %m is the machine name, which makes sense for an individual log file per machine.
upvoted 0 times
Junita
1 months ago
User 2: Yeah, %m represents the machine name, so it should generate individual log files for each machine.
upvoted 0 times
Latosha
1 months ago
User 1: I think the correct answer is A.
upvoted 0 times
Jacob
2 months ago
User2: Yeah, that makes sense. Each machine should have its own log file.
upvoted 0 times
Lauran
2 months ago
User1: I think the correct answer is A. %m is the machine name, which makes sense for an individual log file per machine.
upvoted 0 times
Polly
3 months ago
I agree with Raymon. Using %m will generate individual log files for each machine connecting to the Samba server.
upvoted 0 times
Raymon
3 months ago
I think the answer is A) log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m because %m is used to represent the machine name.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel