Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Juniper Exam JN0-664 Topic 2 Question 30 Discussion

Actual exam question for Juniper's JN0-664 exam
Question #: 30
Topic #: 2
[All JN0-664 Questions]

Exhibit

CE-1 and CE-2 are part of a VPLS called Customer1 No connectivity exists between CE-1 and CE-2. In the process of troubleshooting, you notice PE-1 is not learning any routes for this VPLS from PE-2, and PE-2 is not learning any routes for this VPLS from PE-1.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

VPLS is a technology that provides Layer 2 VPN services over an MPLS network. VPLS uses BGP as its control protocol to exchange VPN membership information between PE routers. The route target is a BGP extended community attribute that identifies which VPN a route belongs to. The route target must match on PE routers that participate in the same VPLS instance, otherwise they will not accept or advertise routes for that VPLS.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alease
3 days ago
Haha, changing the instance type to I2vpn? Really? That's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Not gonna work, buddy!
upvoted 0 times
Devorah
4 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about that. What if the route distinguisher is the problem? That could be causing the connectivity issues between PE-1 and PE-2.
upvoted 0 times
Bong
9 days ago
I agree with Carin. The route target is the key to VPLS connectivity, so that's the first thing I'd check.
upvoted 0 times
Lakeesha
2 days ago
A) The route target must match on PE-1 and PE-2.
upvoted 0 times
Annamae
15 days ago
I think we should check both the route target and route distinguisher to be sure.
upvoted 0 times
Tasia
16 days ago
It's possible, but I think the route target is more likely the culprit.
upvoted 0 times
Mona
17 days ago
But what about the route distinguisher? Could that also be causing the problem?
upvoted 0 times
Carin
23 days ago
The route target must match on PE-1 and PE-2. That's the obvious issue here.
upvoted 0 times
Matt
7 days ago
A) The route target must match on PE-1 and PE-2.
upvoted 0 times
Annamae
24 days ago
I agree, if the route target doesn't match, the PEs won't learn the routes.
upvoted 0 times
Tasia
1 months ago
I think the issue might be with the route target.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel