Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Juniper Exam JN0-363 Topic 3 Question 37 Discussion

Actual exam question for Juniper's JN0-363 exam
Question #: 37
Topic #: 3
[All JN0-363 Questions]

You are asked to configure filter-based forwarding on a Junos device.

Which two statements are correct in this scenario? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, D

To configure filter-based forwarding, perform the following tasks: Create a match filter on the ingress device. To specify a match filter, include the filter filter-name statement at the [edit firewall] hierarchy level. A packet that passes through the filter is compared against a set of rules to classify it and to determine its membership in a set. Once classified, the packet is forwarded to a routing table specified in the accept action in the filter description language. The routing table then forwards the packet to the next hop that corresponds to the destination address entry in the table. Create routing instances that specify the routing table(s) to which a packet is forwarded, and the destination to which the packet is forwarded at the [edit routing-instances] hierarchy level.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Georgene
28 days ago
Filter-based forwarding, huh? Sounds like a job for the Junos Ninja! C and D, all the way!
upvoted 0 times
Wade
29 days ago
Hmm, this feels like a trick question. I'll go with A and C, just to be safe. Can't go wrong with a good old routing policy!
upvoted 0 times
Brinda
10 days ago
User 2: Yeah, creating a routing policy and applying a match filter seems like the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Micaela
16 days ago
User 1: I think you're right, A and C sound like the correct choices.
upvoted 0 times
Fannie
1 months ago
Yes, creating and applying a match filter is crucial for filter-based forwarding on a Junos device.
upvoted 0 times
Kathryn
1 months ago
Did someone say 'filter-based forwarding'? That's my jam! C and D, no doubt about it.
upvoted 0 times
Rodrigo
1 months ago
Wait, a route target? This isn't a VPN question! I'm going with A and C, keeps it simple.
upvoted 0 times
Adelle
1 months ago
Ah, Junos device configuration, my favorite! C and D are definitely the way to go here.
upvoted 0 times
Vashti
4 days ago
D) You must create a routing instance.
upvoted 0 times
Margart
7 days ago
C) You must create and apply a match filter.
upvoted 0 times
Gracie
12 days ago
D) You must create a routing instance.
upvoted 0 times
Broderick
22 days ago
C) You must create and apply a match filter.
upvoted 0 times
Chu
1 months ago
I believe we also need to create and apply a match filter.
upvoted 0 times
Ruby
1 months ago
I agree with Erick. Creating a routing policy is necessary for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Erick
2 months ago
I think we need to create a routing policy for filter-based forwarding.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel