Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Juniper Exam JN0-351 Topic 6 Question 24 Discussion

Actual exam question for Juniper's JN0-351 exam
Question #: 24
Topic #: 6
[All JN0-351 Questions]

Which two events cause a router to advertise a connected network to OSPF neighbors? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, D

Ais correct because when an OSPF adjacency is established, a router will advertise a connected network to OSPF neighbors.An OSPF adjacency is a logical relationship between two routers that agree to exchange routing information using the OSPF protocol1.To establish an OSPF adjacency, the routers must be in the same area, have compatible parameters, and exchange hello packets1.Once an OSPF adjacency is formed, the routers will exchange database description (DBD) packets, which contain summaries of their link-state databases (LSDBs)1.The LSDBs include information about the connected networks and their costs2. Therefore, when an OSPF adjacency is established, a router will advertise a connected network to OSPF neighbors through DBD packets.

Dis correct because when a static route to the 224.0.0.5 address is created, a router will advertise a connected network to OSPF neighbors.The 224.0.0.5 address is the multicast address for all OSPF routers3.A static route to this address can be used to send OSPF hello packets to all OSPF neighbors on a network segment3.This can be useful when the network segment does not support multicast or when the router does not have an IP address on the segment3.When a static route to the 224.0.0.5 address is created, the router will send hello packets to this address and establish OSPF adjacencies with other routers on the segment3. As explained above, once an OSPF adjacency is formed, the router will advertise a connected network to OSPF neighbors through DBD packets.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Cathrine
13 days ago
Hmm, this is a real head-scratcher. I'm gonna go with A and D - the OSPF adjacency and the 224.0.0.5 multicast address just seem like the obvious choices here.
upvoted 0 times
Ira
2 days ago
User 2: Yeah, those are the correct choices. Good job!
upvoted 0 times
Edward
4 days ago
User 1: I think you're right, A and D make sense for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Keena
16 days ago
I believe it's A and D because those are the addresses used for OSPF.
upvoted 0 times
Fairy
17 days ago
Haha, I bet the folks who wrote this question were having a little fun with us. I'm going with A and D - establishing the OSPF adjacency is a no-brainer, and the 224.0.0.5 address is the key to the OSPF multicast world.
upvoted 0 times
Ronna
17 days ago
I'm not sure, I think it's B and C.
upvoted 0 times
Aileen
18 days ago
I agree with Mauricio, A and D make sense.
upvoted 0 times
Eleni
19 days ago
This is a tricky one! I'm going with A and D. A router has to advertise its connected networks when the OSPF adjacency is formed, and the 224.0.0.5 address is the OSPF multicast address, so that's a clear trigger.
upvoted 0 times
Giovanna
3 days ago
I think it's A and D too. Those are the correct triggers for a router to advertise a connected network to OSPF neighbors.
upvoted 0 times
Mauricio
19 days ago
I think it's A and D.
upvoted 0 times
Rose
1 months ago
I think B and D are the correct options. Enabling the OSPF passive option on an interface prevents the router from sending OSPF packets, so it won't advertise the connected network. The static route to 224.0.0.5 is the OSPF multicast address, so that makes sense.
upvoted 0 times
Nathalie
14 days ago
A) When an OSPF adjacency is established.
upvoted 0 times
Suzan
1 months ago
A and D seem like the right answers. The router advertises connected networks when the OSPF adjacency is established, and also when a static route is created for the OSPF multicast address.
upvoted 0 times
Dyan
26 days ago
D) When a static route to the 224.0.0.5 address is created.
upvoted 0 times
Lashanda
1 months ago
A) When an OSPF adjacency is established.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel