Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Juniper Exam JN0-105 Topic 4 Question 15 Discussion

Actual exam question for Juniper's JN0-105 exam
Question #: 15
Topic #: 4
[All JN0-105 Questions]

Which two statements about route preference in Junos are correct? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, C

In Junos OS, route preference (also known as administrative distance) is used to determine the preferred route among multiple routes to the same destination learned via different routing protocols. Direct and local routes, which represent directly connected networks and interfaces, typically share the same low preference value, indicating high trustworthiness because they are directly connected to the router. OSPF internal routes (routes within the same OSPF area) and OSPF AS external routes (routes that are external to the OSPF autonomous system but redistributed into OSPF) also share the same preference value, although this value is higher (indicating less trust) than for direct and local routes. This distinction helps the routing engine decide which routes to use when multiple paths are available.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Golda
24 days ago
As a Juniper ninja, I can tell you that the correct answers are A and D. Direct routes are king, and EBGP routes are always preferred over IBGP. Now, if only I could remember the exact preference values...
upvoted 0 times
Jutta
27 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'll go with C and D. OSPF internal routes and EBGP routes are the way to go, right? Wait, no, that can't be right. Ugh, routing protocols are so confusing sometimes!
upvoted 0 times
Titus
29 days ago
Haha, this question is a classic! Of course, the answer is B and D. Everyone knows that direct routes and IBGP routes are the way to go. Gotta love those Junos preferences!
upvoted 0 times
Cory
8 days ago
Yeah, direct and local routes have the same preference.
upvoted 0 times
Meghan
12 days ago
I think the correct answers are B and D.
upvoted 0 times
Zoila
1 months ago
I think B and C are the right answers. Local routes and OSPF internal routes are always preferred over their counterparts.
upvoted 0 times
Keva
3 days ago
I think B and C are the right answers.
upvoted 0 times
Hortencia
13 days ago
Actually, the correct answers are A and D. Both direct and static routes have the same preference, and both EBGP and IBGP routes have the same preference.
upvoted 0 times
Arlette
21 days ago
You're correct. Local routes and OSPF internal routes do have the same preference.
upvoted 0 times
Earleen
23 days ago
Local routes and OSPF internal routes are always preferred over their counterparts.
upvoted 0 times
Abel
25 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Ligia
26 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Kanisha
2 months ago
I'm pretty sure A and D are correct. Direct routes should have a higher preference than static, and external BGP routes definitely take precedence over internal BGP routes.
upvoted 0 times
Shalon
12 days ago
Good to know, thanks for clarifying!
upvoted 0 times
Anika
16 days ago
So, A and D are the correct statements about route preference in Junos.
upvoted 0 times
Celeste
28 days ago
Yes, that's correct. And external BGP routes take precedence over internal BGP routes.
upvoted 0 times
Dewitt
1 months ago
I think you're right, direct routes do have a higher preference than static routes.
upvoted 0 times
Xochitl
2 months ago
I'm not sure about C, but I think B is incorrect because direct and local routes do not have the same preference.
upvoted 0 times
Janey
2 months ago
I agree with Delisa. I also think D is correct because EBGP and IBGP routes have the same preference.
upvoted 0 times
Delisa
2 months ago
I think A is correct because direct and static routes are both at the same preference level.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel