Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Informatica Exam PR000007 Topic 2 Question 92 Discussion

Actual exam question for Informatica's PR000007 exam
Question #: 92
Topic #: 2
[All PR000007 Questions]

Which step(s) must be followed to make a copy of the PowerCenter repository metadata?

Assume that the source repository is in a separate domain from the new repository.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Graciela
25 days ago
I think option D is the right choice, it seems more logical to me.
upvoted 0 times
Ernie
25 days ago
I heard the best way to copy the repository is to just unplug the server, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in. Works like a charm, every time!
upvoted 0 times
Tammi
26 days ago
But option A mentions creating a Repository Service with no tables, which doesn't make sense.
upvoted 0 times
Allene
26 days ago
Wait, are we sure we can't just copy the repository using some kind of magical PowerCenter sorcery? I bet there's a hidden feature that lets you do it with a single click. Where's the fun in following all these steps?
upvoted 0 times
Nobuko
2 days ago
C) Use the 'Copy Contents' feature in the Administrator Tool
upvoted 0 times
Polly
6 days ago
B) Backup the source repository to a file 2. Create a Repository Service for the new repository that has tables 3. Restore the backup file to the new repository
upvoted 0 times
Maryann
7 days ago
A) Backup the source repository to a file 2. Create a Repository Service for the new repository that has no tables 3. Restore the backup file to the new repository
upvoted 0 times
Teddy
1 months ago
I disagree, I believe the answer is B.
upvoted 0 times
Glendora
1 months ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about restoring a backup file to the new repository. Wouldn't that just copy over the entire source repository, tables and all? Option B might be overkill.
upvoted 0 times
Dean
21 hours ago
User1: Yeah, let's go with Option A then. It seems like the safer choice.
upvoted 0 times
Kris
5 days ago
User2: That makes sense. Option B does seem like it could copy over everything, which might not be necessary.
upvoted 0 times
Eliseo
12 days ago
User1: I think Option A might be the way to go. Backup the source repository and then restore it to the new repository without tables.
upvoted 0 times
Hailey
1 months ago
Hold on, I thought we were supposed to create a new repository service with no tables first? Option D seems to have the right idea there.
upvoted 0 times
Britt
1 months ago
Option C seems the most straightforward approach. Why make it complicated when you can just use the 'Copy Contents' feature? Efficiency at its finest!
upvoted 0 times
Tiera
21 days ago
Yeah, no need to overcomplicate things when you have a simple solution like the 'Copy Contents' feature.
upvoted 0 times
Tiera
27 days ago
I agree, option C is definitely the easiest way to copy the PowerCenter repository metadata.
upvoted 0 times
Tammi
2 months ago
I think the correct answer is A.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel