Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Informatica Exam PR000007 Topic 2 Question 89 Discussion

Actual exam question for Informatica's PR000007 exam
Question #: 89
Topic #: 2
[All PR000007 Questions]

When is it advisable to migrate PowerCenter repository objects between domains using the XML export-import method?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Theodora
1 months ago
I think D is not a valid reason. The lack of license key for Team Based Development shouldn't affect the migration method.
upvoted 0 times
Melvin
1 months ago
Hmm, I'm torn between B and C. Maybe I should just ask the person sitting next to me for the answer. Kidding, kidding! I'll think this through carefully.
upvoted 0 times
Sabine
2 months ago
I bet the developers who wrote this question were having a little too much fun. 'Team Based Development - Deployment Groups' - what a mouthful!
upvoted 0 times
Edgar
2 months ago
I'm going with B. Migrating between different database types is a classic use case for the XML export-import method.
upvoted 0 times
Nida
6 days ago
True, that would also be a valid reason for migrating using XML.
upvoted 0 times
Shantell
11 days ago
C) When the PowerCenter Repository Manager cannot access the repositories in both domains at the same time.
upvoted 0 times
Rory
14 days ago
That makes sense. It's a common scenario for using the XML export-import method.
upvoted 0 times
Louisa
1 months ago
B) When the domain databases are in different database types (Oracle and Sybase, for example).
upvoted 0 times
Magnolia
2 months ago
I believe option C is also valid. If Repository Manager can't access both repositories, XML is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Claudio
2 months ago
D? Really? What does a license key have to do with migrating objects between domains? This question is a bit of a head-scratcher.
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
1 months ago
C) When the PowerCenter Repository Manager cannot access the repositories in both domains at the same time.
upvoted 0 times
Dahlia
1 months ago
A) When the master gateway node on the domains are running on different operating systems.
upvoted 0 times
Elenora
2 months ago
I agree with Crissy. It makes sense to use XML when the domains have different database types.
upvoted 0 times
Crissy
2 months ago
I think it's advisable to migrate using XML when the master gateway nodes are on different operating systems.
upvoted 0 times
Kate
2 months ago
C seems like the obvious choice here. If the Repository Manager can't access both domains, the XML export-import method is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Tiffiny
1 months ago
upvoted 0 times
Kiley
2 months ago
B) When the domain databases are in different database types (Oracle and Sybase, for example).
upvoted 0 times
Aja
2 months ago
A) When the master gateway node on the domains are running on different operating systems.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel