Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

IBM Exam C2090-623 Topic 8 Question 64 Discussion

Actual exam question for IBM's C2090-623 exam
Question #: 64
Topic #: 8
[All C2090-623 Questions]

A high user load and interactive reporting system on a distributed installation is throwing timeout error messages.

How is this resolved?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Increase Asynchronous Timeout in High User Load Environments.

If you have a high user load (over 165 users) and interactive reports are running continuously in a distributed installation, you may want to increase the asynchronous timeout setting to avoid getting error messages. The default is 30000.

To resolve this problem, increase the wait timeout.

Procedure

References: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEP7J_11.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.inst_cr_winux.doc/t_increaseforhighendload.html

Contribute your Thoughts:

Olen
1 months ago
I don't know about you, but I'm definitely not going to increase the JVM heap settings. That sounds like a recipe for disaster!
upvoted 0 times
Johnna
10 days ago
User2: User1 is right, let's consider other options.
upvoted 0 times
Ricki
15 days ago
User1: I agree, increasing the JVM heap settings seems risky.
upvoted 0 times
Alpha
1 months ago
Haha, I bet the developers were having a 'timeout' of their own when they wrote this question!
upvoted 0 times
Lajuana
25 days ago
B) Edit the install_location/bin CQEConfig.xml and change the DB_Connection_Pool value to 120, save and restart the service.
upvoted 0 times
Florinda
29 days ago
A) Increase the JVM heap settings in IBM Cognos Configuration under Services.
upvoted 0 times
Lindsey
2 months ago
Increasing the number of Report Processes under IBM Cognos Administration might be a good idea too, to handle the high user load.
upvoted 0 times
Dannie
2 months ago
I believe editing the install_location/bin CQEConfig.xml and changing the DB_Connection_Pool value could also be a solution.
upvoted 0 times
Alecia
2 months ago
I agree with Alex, that could help with the timeout error messages.
upvoted 0 times
Sheldon
2 months ago
Option D sounds promising too. Increasing the number of Report Processes could distribute the load better.
upvoted 0 times
Jennie
30 days ago
I think I will try option D first. Increasing the number of Report Processes seems like a good solution to distribute the load better.
upvoted 0 times
Twana
1 months ago
Option A worked for me in the past. Increasing the JVM heap settings helped resolve the timeout error messages.
upvoted 0 times
Nickolas
2 months ago
I think option C is the way to go. Increasing the async_wait_timeout_ms in the reportservice.xml file should help with the timeout issues.
upvoted 0 times
Rima
1 months ago
I think option D might also be worth considering, increasing the number of Report Processes could improve performance.
upvoted 0 times
Samira
2 months ago
I agree, increasing the async_wait_timeout_ms in the reportservice.xml file should help with the timeout issues.
upvoted 0 times
Alex
2 months ago
I think we should increase the JVM heap settings in IBM Cognos Configuration.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel