Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

IBM Exam C2090-623 Topic 3 Question 66 Discussion

Actual exam question for IBM's C2090-623 exam
Question #: 66
Topic #: 3
[All C2090-623 Questions]

A high user load and interactive reporting system on a distributed installation is throwing timeout error messages.

How is this resolved?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Increase Asynchronous Timeout in High User Load Environments.

If you have a high user load (over 165 users) and interactive reports are running continuously in a distributed installation, you may want to increase the asynchronous timeout setting to avoid getting error messages. The default is 30000.

To resolve this problem, increase the wait timeout.

Procedure

References: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEP7J_11.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.inst_cr_winux.doc/t_increaseforhighendload.html

Contribute your Thoughts:

Shawna
19 days ago
Ah, the age-old question of 'How many report processes is too many?' I bet this is one of those 'it depends' kind of answers.
upvoted 0 times
Kallie
24 days ago
Adjusting the number of Report Processes based on the system's processor cores is a clever idea. I wonder if that's the most efficient solution, though.
upvoted 0 times
Tamra
5 days ago
B) Edit the install_location/bin CQEConfig.xml and change the DB_Connection_Pool value to 120, save and restart the service.
upvoted 0 times
Burma
15 days ago
A) Increase the JVM heap settings in IBM Cognos Configuration under Services.
upvoted 0 times
Audry
1 months ago
I agree with Emilio, option A seems like a more logical choice to address the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Emilio
1 months ago
But increasing the number of Report Processes might not be the most efficient way to resolve the timeout error.
upvoted 0 times
Verona
1 months ago
Increasing the async_wait_timeout_ms in the reportservice.xml file seems like a logical step to prevent timeout issues.
upvoted 0 times
Raul
1 months ago
Changing the DB_Connection_Pool value in the CQEConfig.xml file could help improve the database connection handling.
upvoted 0 times
Ma
19 days ago
B) Edit the install_location/bin CQEConfig.xml and change the DB_Connection_Pool value to 120, save and restart the service.
upvoted 0 times
Vilma
1 months ago
upvoted 0 times
Skye
2 months ago
I disagree, I believe option D is the best solution.
upvoted 0 times
Emilio
2 months ago
I think we should go with option A.
upvoted 0 times
Gilberto
2 months ago
Hmm, I think increasing the JVM heap settings is a good starting point. That should give the system more memory to work with.
upvoted 0 times
Craig
28 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Dominga
1 months ago
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel