Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HIPAA Exam HIO-301 Topic 2 Question 66 Discussion

Actual exam question for HIPAA's HIO-301 exam
Question #: 66
Topic #: 2
[All HIO-301 Questions]

The CTQ of a clearinghouse wants to implement a security mechanism that can alert the systems administrator about any hacker attempting to break into the electronic PHI processing server system. As a security advisor to the OTO, what mechanism would you recommend? Select the best answer.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Silva
1 months ago
PRI? Seriously? That's like trying to stop a bank heist with a piggy bank. Gotta go with the IDS solution, it's the only one that really addresses the security concerns here.
upvoted 0 times
Carey
1 months ago
I'm picturing the admin sitting at their desk, sipping coffee and getting those IDS alerts like 'Hacker spotted! Engage security protocols!' It's like being a secret agent, but with less exploding pens.
upvoted 0 times
Huey
4 days ago
E) Installing a firewall to allow pass through traffic only to the allowed network address.
upvoted 0 times
Dulce
5 days ago
C) Installing an IDS solution on the server.
upvoted 0 times
Stephen
8 days ago
A) Deploying a VPN.
upvoted 0 times
Jennie
2 months ago
I think deploying a firewall to allow pass through traffic only to the allowed network address is the most secure option.
upvoted 0 times
Pansy
2 months ago
I don't know, an IDS seems a bit overkill. Why not just go with a good old-fashioned firewall? It'll do the job just fine and it's probably cheaper too.
upvoted 0 times
Kathrine
6 days ago
Firewalls are great for blocking traffic, but an IDS can provide more detailed information about potential threats.
upvoted 0 times
Donette
8 days ago
But wouldn't a firewall be enough to block any unauthorized access attempts?
upvoted 0 times
Alfreda
10 days ago
I agree, an IDS can detect suspicious activity that a firewall might miss.
upvoted 0 times
Janey
12 days ago
Firewalls are good for basic protection, but an IDS can provide more advanced threat detection.
upvoted 0 times
Mattie
2 months ago
I would go with deploying a VPN for added security measures.
upvoted 0 times
Janine
2 months ago
I agree with Dick, an IDS solution can help detect any unauthorized access attempts.
upvoted 0 times
Valene
2 months ago
I'm gonna have to go with C. An IDS is specifically designed to detect and respond to hacking attempts. Why settle for anything less than the best protection for your PHI?
upvoted 0 times
Margarita
1 months ago
User 2: Yeah, I agree. It's important to have a strong security mechanism in place for electronic PHI processing.
upvoted 0 times
Margot
1 months ago
User 1: I think C is the best option too. An IDS can really help detect any hacking attempts.
upvoted 0 times
Dick
2 months ago
I think installing an IDS solution on the server would be the best option.
upvoted 0 times
Leila
2 months ago
IDS is definitely the way to go here. It can monitor the server for suspicious activity and alert the admin. Plus, it's a lot more comprehensive than just a firewall or VPN.
upvoted 0 times
Bulah
2 months ago
User 3: Definitely, IDS is more comprehensive than just a firewall or VPN.
upvoted 0 times
Dorathy
2 months ago
User 2: I agree, IDS can monitor for suspicious activity and alert the admin.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
2 months ago
User 1: I think deploying an IDS solution on the server is the best option.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel