Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HIPAA Exam HIO-201 Topic 3 Question 75 Discussion

Actual exam question for HIPAA's HIO-201 exam
Question #: 75
Topic #: 3
[All HIO-201 Questions]

When using the Health Care Eligibility Request/Response (2701271), ii a provider submits certain minimum information and the patient/subscriber is in their database, the payer must generate a response. Which of the following is one of the minimum information fields?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: E

Contribute your Thoughts:

Renea
9 days ago
Patient's date of birth? Well, duh. Unless they're trying to insure a newborn hamster or something. Now that would be a real plot twist!
upvoted 0 times
Elina
10 days ago
I'm torn between C) Patient's weight and E) Patient's date of birth. But if they really wanted my weight, they'd just ask me to step on a scale, wouldn't they?
upvoted 0 times
Gaston
16 days ago
E) Patient's date of birth. Gotta make sure they're not trying to pull a fast one and claim they're a newborn or something.
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
3 days ago
E) Patient's date of birth
upvoted 0 times
Buck
23 days ago
I would go with E as well, it's the most relevant information for confirming eligibility
upvoted 0 times
Paz
27 days ago
I agree with Jesus, date of birth is essential for verifying a patient's identity
upvoted 0 times
Cristina
30 days ago
B) Patient's pet name? Really? What does my dog's name have to do with my health insurance? This is ridiculous.
upvoted 0 times
Lavonda
7 days ago
D) Patient's address
upvoted 0 times
Malcolm
9 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Tamar
21 days ago
A) Patient's country of birth
upvoted 0 times
Phung
1 months ago
I'm going with D) Patient's address. I mean, how else are they going to send the bill, right?
upvoted 0 times
Timothy
1 months ago
Patient's date of birth? Duh, of course that's the minimum information needed. Who doesn't know that?
upvoted 0 times
Ammie
20 days ago
Exactly, it's a basic requirement for healthcare eligibility.
upvoted 0 times
Ammie
21 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Jesus
1 months ago
I think it's E too, because date of birth is a crucial piece of information for identifying a patient
upvoted 0 times
Zoila
2 months ago
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel