Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HIPAA Exam HIO-201 Topic 1 Question 74 Discussion

Actual exam question for HIPAA's HIO-201 exam
Question #: 74
Topic #: 1
[All HIO-201 Questions]

Maintenance personnel that normally have no access to PHI are called in to investigate water that is leaking from the ceiling of the room where a large amount of PHI is stored. The room is normally secured but the file cabinets have no doors or locks. Situations like this are addressed by which Workforce Security implementation specification?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Evan
15 days ago
Shouldn't the room be secured even when there's no PHI stored there? This is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm going with D) Authorization and/or Supervision as the best option.
upvoted 0 times
Dortha
17 days ago
Ah, the joys of healthcare security! I bet the maintenance guy was like, 'PHI? What's that?' D) Authorization and/or Supervision is the way to go, no doubt about it.
upvoted 0 times
Joanna
18 days ago
Wow, that's a tough one. I guess the lack of locks on the file cabinets is a major security flaw. E) Integrity Controls could be a good answer, but I'm leaning towards D) Authorization and/or Supervision.
upvoted 0 times
Dexter
21 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. Maybe the maintenance personnel should have been supervised more closely? C) Accountability seems like a good option too.
upvoted 0 times
Caprice
8 days ago
Maybe having a written contract or other arrangement in place could have helped avoid this issue.
upvoted 0 times
Nelida
13 days ago
I think D) Authorization and/or Supervision would have prevented this situation.
upvoted 0 times
Lavera
28 days ago
This seems like a classic case of unauthorized access to PHI. I think the correct answer is D) Authorization and/or Supervision.
upvoted 0 times
Vivan
11 days ago
I agree, unauthorized access to PHI is a serious issue.
upvoted 0 times
Alton
1 months ago
That's a good point, Tijuana. Maybe both D) Authorization and/or Supervision and C) Accountability are important in this situation.
upvoted 0 times
Tijuana
1 months ago
But what about C) Accountability? Shouldn't there be measures in place to ensure those who access PHI are held accountable?
upvoted 0 times
Glory
2 months ago
I agree with Alton. It makes sense that only authorized personnel should have access to PHI.
upvoted 0 times
Alton
2 months ago
I think the answer is D) Authorization and/or Supervision.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel