Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam Terraform-Associate-003 Topic 1 Question 19 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's Terraform-Associate-003 exam
Question #: 19
Topic #: 1
[All Terraform-Associate-003 Questions]

What is terraform refresh-only intended to detect?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The terraform refresh-only command is intended to detect state file drift. This command synchronizes the state file with the actual infrastructure, updating the state to reflect any changes that have occurred outside of Terraform.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Coleen
2 months ago
Ah, state file drift. Gotta keep those Terraform resources in sync, am I right? C is the correct answer, no doubt about it.
upvoted 0 times
Colton
2 months ago
State file drift, for sure. Terraform needs to know what's actually out there, not just what's in the config. C is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Shala
2 months ago
I'd go with C as well. Seems like the most logical answer to me. Although, I do wonder how one would corrupt a state file... *chuckles*
upvoted 0 times
Patria
18 days ago
B) Corrupt state files
upvoted 0 times
Josephine
23 days ago
I'm not sure either, but it's interesting to think about!
upvoted 0 times
Simona
1 months ago
C) State file drift
upvoted 0 times
Blondell
1 months ago
A) Terraform configuration code changes
upvoted 0 times
Adell
2 months ago
Hmm, C looks like the obvious choice here. Terraform refresh-only is all about detecting state file drift, right?
upvoted 0 times
Arlen
1 months ago
Definitely, C is the right choice. Terraform refresh-only helps to ensure that the state file matches the actual infrastructure.
upvoted 0 times
Casie
2 months ago
I think C is the correct answer too. State file drift can cause issues if not detected and corrected.
upvoted 0 times
Tori
2 months ago
Yes, you're correct. Terraform refresh-only is specifically designed to detect state file drift.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
2 months ago
That's right! It helps ensure that the actual infrastructure matches the Terraform configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Galen
2 months ago
Yes, you're correct. Terraform refresh-only is specifically designed to detect state file drift.
upvoted 0 times
Noel
3 months ago
I believe it's mainly for detecting state file drift, but it can also help with corrupt state files.
upvoted 0 times
Beckie
3 months ago
Yes, that's true. It can also help in detecting corrupt state files.
upvoted 0 times
Georgene
3 months ago
But isn't it also used to detect corrupt state files?
upvoted 0 times
Noel
3 months ago
I agree with Beckie, it's important to detect when the state file drifts from the actual infrastructure.
upvoted 0 times
Beckie
3 months ago
I think terraform refresh-only is intended to detect state file drift.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel