Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Fortinet Exam NSE8_812 Topic 5 Question 36 Discussion

Actual exam question for Fortinet's NSE8_812 exam
Question #: 36
Topic #: 5
[All NSE8_812 Questions]

A customer is planning on moving their secondary data center to a cloud-based laaS. They want to place all the Oracle-based systems Oracle Cloud, while the other systems will be on Microsoft Azure with ExpressRoute service to their main data center.

They have about 200 branches with two internet services as their only WAN connections. As a security consultant you are asked to design an architecture using Fortinet products with security, redundancy and performance as a priority.

Which two design options are true based on these requirements? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, C

a) Systems running on Azure will need to go through the main data center to access the services on Oracle Cloud. This is because the Oracle Cloud is not directly connected to the Azure Cloud. The traffic will need to go through the main data center in order to reach the Oracle Cloud.

c) Branch FortiGate devices must be configured as VPN clients for the branches' internal network to be able to access Oracle services without using public IPs. This is because the Oracle Cloud does not allow direct connections from the internet. The traffic will need to go through the FortiGate devices in order to reach the Oracle Cloud.

The other options are not correct.

b) Use FortiGate VM for IPSEC over ExpressRoute, as traffic is not encrypted by Azure. This is not necessary. Azure does encrypt traffic over ExpressRoute.

d) Two ExpressRoute services to the main data center are required to implement SD-WAN between a FortiGate VM in Azure and a FortiGate device at the data center edge. This is not necessary. A single ExpressRoute service can be used to implement SD-WAN between a FortiGate VM in Azure and a FortiGate device at the data center edge.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lemuel
4 days ago
I agree with Glenna on that one. Gotta keep that data secure, especially when dealing with cloud services.
upvoted 0 times
Dortha
4 days ago
I believe option C is also true as configuring Branch FortiGate devices as VPN clients can provide secure access to Oracle services.
upvoted 0 times
Glenna
5 days ago
Option B seems like the way to go. Using FortiGate VM for IPSEC over ExpressRoute makes sense since Azure doesn't encrypt the traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Rhea
23 hours ago
B) Use FortiGate VM for IPSEC over ExpressRoute, as traffic is not encrypted by Azure.
upvoted 0 times
Brittney
17 days ago
I agree with Antonette. Option B makes sense for ensuring security with FortiGate VM.
upvoted 0 times
Antonette
23 days ago
I think option B is true because traffic over ExpressRoute is not encrypted by Azure.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel