Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Esri Exam EADP19-001 Topic 6 Question 48 Discussion

Actual exam question for Esri's EADP19-001 exam
Question #: 48
Topic #: 6
[All EADP19-001 Questions]

An ArcGIS user is tasked with creating a map of the state of Utah displaying all the rivers for a conservation group. The conservation group is only interested in seeing rivers longer than 15 miles, where the longer rivers appear thicker using graduated symbols.

What are two ways the ArcGIS user can eliminate rivers less than 5 miles in length from appearing in the map? (Choose two)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Carole
28 days ago
You know, I bet those conservation folks would appreciate a little humor on the map. Maybe we can add some 'Dry Creek' labels for the sub-5 mile rivers, just for a laugh.
upvoted 0 times
Chandra
8 days ago
Nicolette: I like that idea! It would definitely bring some humor to the conservation group.
upvoted 0 times
Bette
9 days ago
User 3: How about adding 'Dry Creek' labels for the shorter rivers? It could add a fun touch to the map.
upvoted 0 times
Nicolette
16 days ago
User 2: That's a good idea. We can also build a layer expression to further refine the map.
upvoted 0 times
Lezlie
19 days ago
User 1: We could use a definition query to filter out rivers less than 5 miles.
upvoted 0 times
Cornell
30 days ago
Ha! Forget those tiny rivers, we want the BIG ones. B and C, all the way, my friends.
upvoted 0 times
Lucina
2 days ago
B) Built a data exclusion expression
upvoted 0 times
Rebeca
5 days ago
Yes, that's right! We only want to see the long rivers on the map.
upvoted 0 times
Luis
14 days ago
C) Build a definition query
upvoted 0 times
Vernice
16 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Tomoko
21 days ago
Perfect! With both C) and B) in place, we'll have a map filled with the long, important rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Thea
23 days ago
Agreed! B) Built a data exclusion expression will also help remove the unwanted rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Kasandra
25 days ago
Yes, definitely C) Build a definition query to filter out the short rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Kimbery
1 months ago
This is a no-brainer! C and D all the way. Definition query to filter out the small fry, and layer expression to make those big boys pop on the map.
upvoted 0 times
Jaime
16 days ago
D) Build a layer expression
upvoted 0 times
Charlena
17 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Youlanda
1 months ago
Yes, combining a definition query with a layer expression would ensure that only rivers longer than 15 miles are shown on the map.
upvoted 0 times
Lucina
2 months ago
Another way could be to build a layer expression to only display rivers longer than 15 miles.
upvoted 0 times
Marylin
2 months ago
I'm thinking B and D would be the best options. Layer expression can help with the graduated symbols, and data exclusion takes care of the short rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Aja
17 days ago
It's important to have a clear and accurate representation of the rivers for the conservation group to make informed decisions.
upvoted 0 times
Cherilyn
19 days ago
Definitely, those two options will ensure that only rivers longer than 15 miles are displayed on the map.
upvoted 0 times
Andrew
22 days ago
I agree, using a layer expression for symbolizing longer rivers and a data exclusion expression to filter out shorter ones makes sense.
upvoted 0 times
Yuette
1 months ago
B and D are good choices. Layer expression will help with the graduated symbols, and data exclusion will remove the short rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Cristal
2 months ago
I agree with Cassie, a definition query would be a good way to filter out shorter rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Delsie
2 months ago
Definitely go with B and C. Data exclusion and definition query are the way to go to filter out those puny little rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Ivette
22 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Brittani
23 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Elvis
1 months ago
That's a good point, we want to make sure the map is clear and only shows the important rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Natalie
2 months ago
I agree, using a data exclusion expression and a definition query will help us focus on the longer rivers.
upvoted 0 times
Cassie
2 months ago
I think the ArcGIS user can use a definition query to eliminate rivers less than 5 miles.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel