Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 512-50 Topic 8 Question 56 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 512-50 exam
Question #: 56
Topic #: 8
[All 512-50 Questions]

Simon had all his systems administrators implement hardware and software firewalls to ensure network

security. They implemented IDS/IPS systems throughout the network to check for and stop any unauthorized

traffic that may attempt to enter. Although Simon and his administrators believed they were secure, a hacker

group was able to get into the network and modify files hosted on the company's website. After searching

through the firewall and server logs, no one could find how the attackers were able to get in. He decides that

the entire network needs to be monitored for critical and essential file changes. This monitoring tool alerts

administrators when a critical file is altered. What tool could Simon and his administrators implement to

accomplish this?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Aileen
2 days ago
Tripwire, the tool that turns your network into a fortress, where even a ninja couldn't sneak in undetected.
upvoted 0 times
Sharan
5 days ago
Tripwire, the file integrity monitor that keeps your network as secure as a triple-locked vault. No hackers getting past that one!
upvoted 0 times
Lore
6 days ago
I agree with Justine, Tripwire is a great choice for this situation.
upvoted 0 times
Tamar
7 days ago
I agree, Tripwire is the way to go. It's like a digital watchdog, barking every time someone tries to mess with the important files.
upvoted 0 times
Justine
11 days ago
I disagree, I believe Tripwire would be the best tool for monitoring critical file changes.
upvoted 0 times
Charlena
13 days ago
Snort is an IDS, not really designed for file change detection. Tripwire sounds like the best solution to monitor those critical files.
upvoted 0 times
Lorean
4 hours ago
I agree, Snort is more for intrusion detection. Tripwire would be better for monitoring file changes.
upvoted 0 times
Daren
21 days ago
I think they should use Nessus.
upvoted 0 times
Nathalie
24 days ago
Nah, Nessus is for vulnerability scanning, not file integrity monitoring. Wireshark is a network sniffer, not the right tool for the job.
upvoted 0 times
Tawanna
14 days ago
A) They need to use Nessus.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel