Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-96 Topic 1 Question 20 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-96 exam
Question #: 20
Topic #: 1
[All 312-96 Questions]

Thomas is not skilled in secure coding. He neither underwent secure coding training nor is aware of the consequences of insecure coding. One day, he wrote code as shown in the following screenshot. He passed 'false' parameter to setHttpOnly() method that may result in the existence of a certain type of vulnerability. Identify the attack that could exploit the vulnerability in the above case.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Ammie
24 days ago
Ah, good old Thomas and his questionable coding practices. I bet this is a classic Client-Side Scripts Attack. Though, knowing Thomas, he might have accidentally stumbled into a Directory Traversal Attack instead. Stranger things have happened!
upvoted 0 times
Carisa
1 months ago
Oof, Thomas strikes again! Passing 'false' to setHttpOnly() is a rookie move. I'm going to go with B) Client-Side Scripts Attack on this one. Gotta love Thomas and his secure coding skills, or lack thereof.
upvoted 0 times
Edna
1 months ago
Hmm, the screenshot shows some sketchy code. I'm guessing it's a Client-Side Scripts Attack, but you never know with Thomas. He seems more likely to accidentally create a Denial-of-Service than a SQL Injection, if you ask me.
upvoted 0 times
Brittni
26 days ago
Yeah, Thomas should really get some secure coding training.
upvoted 0 times
Lorean
1 months ago
I think it's a Client-Side Scripts Attack.
upvoted 0 times
Wilda
2 months ago
I believe the correct answer is B) Client-Side Scripts Attack because it can manipulate the client-side code.
upvoted 0 times
Colette
2 months ago
Wow, that's a tricky one! Passing 'false' to setHttpOnly() seems like a recipe for disaster. I bet it's a Client-Side Scripts Attack, but I'd need to double-check the details.
upvoted 0 times
Hui
23 days ago
Yeah, passing 'false' to setHttpOnly() can definitely open the door to that kind of vulnerability.
upvoted 0 times
Pearline
28 days ago
I think you're right, it does seem like a Client-Side Scripts Attack.
upvoted 0 times
Ellsworth
2 months ago
I agree with Marylyn, passing 'false' to setHttpOnly() method can lead to Client-Side Scripts Attack.
upvoted 0 times
Marylyn
2 months ago
I think the vulnerability in the code could be exploited by a Client-Side Scripts Attack.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel