Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Eccouncil Exam 312-49 Topic 1 Question 68 Discussion

Actual exam question for Eccouncil's 312-49 exam
Question #: 68
Topic #: 1
[All 312-49 Questions]

Malware analysis can be conducted in various manners. An investigator gathers a suspicious executable file and uploads It to VirusTotal in order to confirm whether the file Is malicious, provide information about Its functionality, and provide Information that will allow to produce simple network signatures. What type of malware analysis was performed here?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alba
4 hours ago
You know, I heard that some malware these days can even detect when it's being analyzed. Better keep an eye out for that! But yeah, this is dynamic analysis for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Wenona
5 days ago
Static analysis? Nah, that's just looking at the file without running it. This is clearly dynamic analysis in action.
upvoted 0 times
Olive
11 days ago
I'm not sure, but I think it could also be a hybrid analysis since it involves both static and dynamic elements.
upvoted 0 times
Catalina
14 days ago
Hmm, I'd say it's a hybrid approach. Combining static and dynamic analysis is the way to get a complete picture.
upvoted 0 times
Dustin
17 days ago
I agree with Aracelis. Uploading the file to VirusTotal for confirmation sounds like a static analysis.
upvoted 0 times
Ernestine
19 days ago
Dynamic analysis for sure, this is the way to go! Gotta see that malware in action to understand it fully.
upvoted 0 times
Hollis
1 days ago
C) Dynamic
upvoted 0 times
Krissy
2 days ago
Dynamic analysis is definitely the best approach for understanding malware behavior.
upvoted 0 times
Berry
5 days ago
D) Hybrid
upvoted 0 times
Narcisa
11 days ago
C) Dynamic
upvoted 0 times
Antonio
11 days ago
B) Volatile
upvoted 0 times
Leonardo
14 days ago
A) Static
upvoted 0 times
Aracelis
27 days ago
I think the malware analysis performed here is static.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel